i3 3225?
Hey guys,

I'm looking at using an i3 3225 for an XBMC / HyperSpin emulation HTPC..

I've heard good things from the HyperSpin crowd, but would love some confirmation from the XBMC crew that this will have no problems with XBMC playback...

Thanks,

Owen
This is a great question -- now that it's been out for a while what the experience with the HD4000 GPU and XBMC/Windows?
Anyone? There's been a few threads here with i3-3225 builds but not real reports on how XBMC is running...
it's excellent. Perfect playback, quick boot, no slowdown, no heat, no noise and a ok gamer Smile
You won't have any problems at all, in fact it is almost certainly overkill, but that's not going to be a problem Smile

I run an i3-2120T and it plays back everything without any trouble at all, it's a weaker cpu with a far weaker HD 2000 gpu. (i'm running linux btw, i assume windows performance is just fine however).
Run two of them under Windows and it works perfectly. It will cover all htpc needs
And the 24fps bug doesn't bother you?
(2012-10-20, 18:44)newoski Wrote: And the 24fps bug doesn't bother you?
You might to check out this thread- Let's set this straight - No one can do 24p consistently well.....I don't encounter 24p issue using Intel HD2000 on my display, and yes it can playback everything I threw at it.......Intel HD4000 should be much better iGPU....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
i3 3225?0