MySQL Music Library Issues
Okay I'm hoping this is a simple fix. I'm running the latest stable release of XBMC Eden on a Windows 7 x64 dedicated machine. The video library works fine, but the music one isn't cooperating. I can add the source, and scan the music into the library but I am unable to enable library mode. A quick look at the log with debugging turned on has a whole bunch of ERROR: SQL: The table does not exist. I have cleaned the table, deleted and readded the source, dropped the table from MySQL, let XBMC recreate it, and tried rescanning numerous times and it doesn't cooperate.

Log one: https://matthewh12.privatepaste.com/010bc4d88e

I found if I run this:
create view songview as select song.idSong as idSong, song.strExtraArtists as strExtraArtists, song.strExtraGenres as strExtraGenres, strTitle, iTrack, iDuration, song.iYear as iYear, dwFileNameCRC, strFileName, strMusicBrainzTrackID, strMusicBrainzArtistID, strMusicBrainzAlbumID, strMusicBrainzAlbumArtistID, strMusicBrainzTRMID, iTimesPlayed, iStartOffset, iEndOffset, lastplayed, rating, comment, song.idAlbum as idAlbum, strAlbum, strPath, song.idArtist as idArtist, strArtist, song.idGenre as idGenre, strGenre, strThumb, iKaraNumber, iKaraDelay, strKaraEncoding from song join album on song.idAlbum=album.idAlbum join path on song.idPath=path.idPath join artist on song.idArtist=artist.idArtist join genre on song.idGenre=genre.idGenre join thumb on song.idThumb=thumb.idThumb left outer join karaokedata on song.idSong=karaokedata.idSong;

Which I found in another thread, it will now scan and add the artists and allow me to turn on library mode. I can go into Artists but clicking them does nothing. Clicking Albums says: REMOTE SHARE: Path not found or invalid. I've checked, and verified that my music folders are accessible and readable just fine. I can go into file mode and play them without issue as well. Going to Songs works, and gives me a list of the songs scanned in so far. Years is broken, it shows a list but clicking them does nothing. Same with Top 100. Recently Added/Recently Played does the same as albums Path not found or invalid.

Log two: https://matthewh12.privatepaste.com/fdd7d4486d

Only thing I can think of is for some reason, something in MySQL isn't getting created properly, and I'm not sure how to manually create and/or fix it.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

--Matt
I'm not a mySQL expert, but I'll try to help out.

When you say "...I have cleaned the table, deleted and readded the source, dropped the table from MySQL, let XBMC recreate it...", do you mean in mySQL you executed:

Code:
mysql> drop database [database name];

or

Code:
mysql> drop table [table name];

I would drop the entire database. Then let XBMC recreate that.
I was using drop database mymusic18; I had previously dropped all the other mymusicxx databases, but listing and removing databases is pretty much all I know how to do in MySQL Tongue.
So after you drop the Music database do you have any music databases left?

Do you have a music source with just a few items in it to test out creating a fresh music database?
No, I dropped all the music databases leaving just the video and generic mysql ones. The video section works as expected with no issues. I don't, but after deleting the DB I tried going into my music share, picking a single artist with only 2 albums and telling it to just scan that to the library and not the entire source. Would that work as well?
Anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks!
Code:
00:46:01 T:364   ERROR: SQL: Undefined MySQL error: Code (1142)

I googled and came up with:
Code:
Error: 1142 SQLSTATE: 42000 (ER_TABLEACCESS_DENIED_ERROR)

I also found this: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/archive/...34111.html

Seems to suggest that its a permissions error preventing your user access. GRANT command should fix this, if it's the cause.
Sorry, I missed the earlier post. Did you try to scan just a few item into a new DB? Checking permissions would be a good thing as well, although that seems odd seeing as the video DB works fine.
(2012-10-21, 09:15)kricker Wrote: Sorry, I missed the earlier post. Did you try to scan just a few item into a new DB? Checking permissions would be a good thing as well, although that seems odd seeing as the video DB works fine.

Yes I did try just scanning a few things. Since the MySQL DB is only used for XBMC (and is port blocked at my router), I just have XBMC login as root/xbmc. Which should grant all permissions anyway right?

mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'root'@'%';
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.54 sec)
Okay THIS is weird. After running the command, it still didn't work on that machine, so I went and installed XBMC on another PC. Dropped the DB, and ran XBMC, scanned in a few files and I see NO DB errors in the logsHuh And the files show up in the library correctly? That makes no sense!! They're running the same XBMC Version, Same OS (Windows 7 X64), both wired Ethernet connections and both connecting to the same server in the same way (SMB to Windows Share).

The Log: https://matthewh12.privatepaste.com/244b2e950b

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL Music Library Issues0