Android ./Configure configure: error: unsupported host ()
Hi,

I am trying to compile XBMC for Android on Ubuntu but recieve the following when using the ./Configure command:
Code:
checking for g++... g++
checking whether the C++ compiler works... yes
checking for C++ compiler default output file name... a.out
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether we are cross compiling... no
checking for suffix of object files... o
checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... yes
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... none needed
checking for main in -lz... yes
checking for unzip... yes
checking for zip... yes
checking for curl... /usr/bin/curl
checking for tar... /bin/tar
checking for -gcc... no
configure: WARNING: host was not specified. guessing.
checking for gcc... /home/user/android-ndk-r7-crystax-5.beta2/build/tools/android-toolchain/android-9/arm-linux-androideabi/bin/gcc
configure: error: unsupported host ()

Could someone tell me where i'm going wrong?

Thanks in advance
Did you follow the README for android? You need to create a standalone toolchain and then pass the location of that standalone toolchain to ./configure using
Code:
--with-toolchain=<path-to-toolchain>
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have done this and this was the output:

Code:
Auto-config: --toolchain=arm-linux-androideabi-4.6.3
Copying prebuilt binaries...
Copying sysroot headers and libraries...
Copying crystax headers and libraries...
Copying libobjc headers and libraries...
Copying libstdc++ headers and libraries...
Copying files to: android-toolchain/android-9
Cleaning up...
Done.
Ah sorry I misread the path of the toolchain. Thought it was the prebuilt one coming with the NDK in toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6.3/prebuilt/linux-x86.

Can you post your ./configure call? And I'm assuming you call the configure in tools/android/depends right?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Here's how I used ./Configure;

Code:
root@ubuntu:~# cd $HOME/xbmc-android/tools/android/depends
root@ubuntu:~/xbmc-android/tools/android/depends# ./bootstrap
root@ubuntu:~/xbmc-android/tools/android/depends# ./configure --build=arm-linux-androideabi --with-sdk=/home/user/android-sdk-linux --with-ndk=/home/user/android-ndk-r7-crystax-5.beta2 --with-toolchain=/home/user/android-ndk-r7-crystax-5.beta2/build/tools/android-toolchain/android-9 --with-tarballs=/home/user
Hm can't see anything wrong except that I never set the --build option and I have the path to SDK and NDK as env variables.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
./Configure configure: error: unsupported host ()0