PVR performance
Hi all, currently I'm using a Shuttle XS35GT V2 which is great for general use. Runs 1080p great but really struggles with skin performance, especially PVR running in the background.

I'm looking for suggestions on hardware that will specifically be able to run the PVR (or video) in a window. When you are on the main menu for example with the video running in the corner. I imagine the skin will have an impact but I'm sure different hardware will help too.

I tend to use Openelec too if it matters.

Cheers
Zotac ID80 is a good choice.
Would this system perform well?

Intel Core i3 2120 3.30Ghz 3MB Cache LGA1155 CPU
OCZ Agility 3 60G SATA3 SSD
Silverstone SG06B-USB3 Black Cube Mini DTX/ITX Case
Kingmax 8G(1X8G)PC-10600 1333MHZ DDR3
ASRock B75M-DGS.B75 2xDDR3 1*PCIex16 GBL DVI HDMI VGA USB3.0 SATA3 uATX

Looking for gains iver my Shuttle with general UI speed etc.
This configuration will perform very well in terms of a HTPC. It will be cheaper if you try a AMD A6 or something similar, the integrated APU has more than enough power for video decoding.
(2012-10-20, 08:43)FernetMenta Wrote: Zotac ID80 is a good choice.

Sure it is a really amazing system but one thing which stops my from buying a ZOTAC system is that there are no spare parts (primary fans) available and you can't replace it with a "usual" fan.
Thanks. I purchased the above system last night and it runs great. Biggest difference I have noticed is the time to build the library. Scanning in 1400 Movies only takes a few minutes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR performance0