How come Favorites is spelled favourites?
How come Favorites is spelled favourites?

Is xbmc from england or europe? Its not a big deal I was just curious...Just not used to seeing a U in it...
Because that is the correct spelling.
There is an option in Settings->Appearance->International for English (US)

(If you absolutely insist on having it misspelled :p)
It's because it's correct Big Grin
Canadians have this spelling along with the metric system. Don't get left behind.
(2012-10-22, 00:11)PatK Wrote: Canadians have this spelling along with the metric system. Don't get left behind.

not just canadians

England
Australia
New Zealand
South Africa
and every other commonwealth founded country it's the queen's english and the correct spelling of words its the americans that mispell words like

Favorites
Color

and most other words that contain a OU in them
haha..love this thread
we also have indoor toilets in the UK now
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
Home Theatre Personal Computre
I have always wondered, is it actually rude to say "toilet" in the US?
(2012-10-22, 18:20)bilbonvidia Wrote: I have always wondered, is it actually rude to say "toilet" in the US?

Depends

"I need to use the toilet" = fine

"I gotta take a huge shat in the toilet like there's no tomorrow. Oh man, I should not have eaten that old burrito!" = not so fine
Ask directions for the washroom in the U.S. and you get blank looks... they never wash their hands.
(2012-10-22, 19:28)PatK Wrote: Ask directions for the washroom in the U.S. and you get blank looks... they never wash their hands.

We do, but we call it the "restroom" which makes no sense because people don't rest in there. Why would anyone want to rest in the same room where everyone poops?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How come Favorites is spelled favourites?0