ATV2 keeps turning on
Hello,

my ATV2 is turning on randomly. It's verry annoying. I suspect one of the following two:

1) HDMI turns it on - but I am not able to find out under which conditions does it turn on. It is not working when I switch over to HDMI2 (where it is connected to my LG LCD TV)

2) iOS wants to update

Any tips how to get rid of it?

Thanks
tape the led
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
ATV2 technically stays on all the time anyways, so while there's probably a fix for this... it really doesn't matter that much since it's always using the same amount of power (more or less).
I would like to disable it's Wake On Line feature, I am thinking about connecting it into the LAN, meybe there are less WOL requests. Dunno. Strange.

I know it eats 1 W standby and cca 3 W operation, but still - I wonder if there is way of disabling this.

It's a very dumb piece of hardware and software to me.
Do you have ATVFlash installed?
I am not sure, to be honest. I have installed using the following instructions:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW..._2#ATV_5.x
Well, then you dont seem to have ATVFlash installed. I had a similar problem when i played around with ATVFlash, but as it sucks i uninstalled (=restored + new jb) it and never had trouble again.
Okay, well I ordered OUYA and I will most likely get rid of this crap. XBMC on Android is the future (for me :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV2 keeps turning on0