Req Source direct for Video and Audio (or pure Audio and Video)
(2012-11-20, 09:24)R... Wrote: Thank you for raising this issue.
For me too, it is important that the sound (for music) in XBMC output without decoding. Now (XBMC Frodo) it only works for HD audio in movies.
I would use XBMC (since this is the best interface for HTPC) only as a source for the music. To decode music has a receiver or DAC, because they got it much better.
I hope the final version of Frodo developers will make Passthrough output device for music.

Hmmmm. Most receivers will not decode music formats (mp3, flac, etc). We cannot pass them through.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-12-06, 16:57)DDDamian Wrote: Hmmmm. Most receivers will not decode music formats (mp3, flac, etc). We cannot pass them through.
Is it possible to make the ability to output to Passthrough music formats (mp3, flac, etc)?
And for those who have a receiver can not decode these formats, leave decode with XBMC. That is, the ability to switch options, with an interface XBMC (in settings) or via advancedsettings.xml.

P.S. Tell me how you organized audio output (music flac stereo) with XBMC? You use the built-in sound card? Do you listen to music from XBMC? Are you satisfied with the quality? Your Denon can decode(Passthrough with XBMC) music formats (mp3, flac, etc)?
thanks
HTPC: Asrock H67M-ITX, intel i3 2100T, 8Gb DDR3, WD 3Tbx2, Win 7(x64) - XBMC Frodo RC3 -> Onkyo TX-NR818 -> B&W

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Source direct for Video and Audio (or pure Audio and Video) 1