Menu stays open while movie plays?
Hi All - long time lurker - first time poster.

Having a strange problem that's been going on for quite a while now. Unfortunately - its an intermittent problem that hasn't been able to be reproduced (but it's been happening since I moved to Eden and Nightlies).

I'll fire a video up (usually an HD video) and the menu will continue to be displayed on the screen. The time playback information of the video is displayed in the lower left hand corner and advances - the sound of the video is playing - but no video of the movie. I can stop the video with the remote control - but at this point - the whole system is locked and requires a reboot.

After reboot - I can go right back to the offending video and play it without issue.

I'm serving my video over a 1 gb network from a windows home server 2011

The system running xbmc is an acer aspire revo running Ubuntu Oneric Ocelot (full)

Is there a buffering / log setting that I can change to alleviate this problem? Thanks!

I don't have a solution for you,but can tell you that I having the same problem.
No idea why and how it happens.

Hopefully somebody as a solution.

I cant promise anything but I bet when you hit play your hitting escape as well this would do whats described. Its not a bug its a user problem. (I have done that when using keyboard and sometimes remote)

BUT

post screenshots pls.

uNi
I have the exact same problem. I did some research and my conclusion is this:

I have an NVIDIA card and this problem is somehow related to hardware acceleration (VDPAU). Some devs said it was fixed in XBMC pre Frodo. So you can 1) use Windows for now, 2) live with the problem or 3) use a nightly with the VDPAU code rewrite (source: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=119855&page=13)

I also noticed that the problem occurs less frequently if I wait a couple of seconds before launching a video (after highlighting it in the video library).

When the problem occurs I simply kill the XBMC process instead of restarting the computer (kill -9 <pid>). However, sometimes I can simply exit fullscreen mode by pressing the backslash key, wait a couple of seconds, and maximize the window again with the same button. This doesn't work all the time, though.

In other words, I haven't bothered upgrading yet. I'll probably just wait for XBMC 12 Frodo.
Yes - I have found the problem isn't as bad when waiting to start a video (or going up one down one up one in the video list). Have you noticed that it gets worse and worse after playing 3 or 4 movies in a row - where the time between the closing of the menu and the playing of the video increases?

I'm not sure about the installation of the VDPAU re-write. I'll read up in the thread you posted. I think I'll just live with the problem...

Thanks All!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Menu stays open while movie plays?0