Win Lazy way out... For now. Solved
Is it possible to install XBMC to a win7 machine then restore it from someone elses fully configured backup?

I realize there will need to be some adjustments to get te hardware working properly but having all the working channels, add-ons, programs, and such could really help a newbie save some money up front.

This is a fabulous program and I would like to thank everyone involved from development to support here in the forums for their passion and effort. I hope to become one of the useful ones here with the ability to help with issues.
HTPC
i3 2100
Asrock H67m itx
2x4 Gskill 1333
GT 430 gpu
2 x 500 GB 7200rpm Seagate Hybrid SSD-HDD
Slim DVD drive

Just run it in portable mode, xbmc.exe -p

Normally when you run it the configuration files are stored under c:\users\%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\, but when you run it in portable mode all the files are stored in a subdirectory of your xbmc installation directory. This means you can copy the whole xbmc directory and all the configuration files will be copied as well. You will need to run it in portable mode on the computer you're copying it to as well.

Keep in mind that this also copies the libraries; all the information about the music, movies, etc (but not the actual media files). This means you either have to clean the library or delete the database files, or the library will list a lot of files that aren't actually present on the computer you have copied the installation to.
If you copy the userdata and addon folder and replace the new ones you may only have to do a few tweaks like video/audio output and maybe network settings.
Next question:
Anyone have the userdata and addon folder they might want to share? And, also maybe the folder for scrapers? I don't know anyone who uses XBMC and I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around it with the limited amount of time I have to dedicate. I appreciate any responses and the information provided so far.
HTPC
i3 2100
Asrock H67m itx
2x4 Gskill 1333
GT 430 gpu
Slim DVD drive

Thx all getting it working on my own I think.
HTPC
i3 2100
Asrock H67m itx
2x4 Gskill 1333
GT 430 gpu
Slim DVD drive

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lazy way out... For now. Solved0