Req Improved Favorites
I searched and didn't find anything so I apologize if this has been brought up before. Unless I've missed something, (which is possible) the favorites system is pretty anemic. I'm using Aeon Nox for my skin so I'm not sure if it's any better in another skin, but it seems like a core issue. Far as I can tell it is just a small quick list that all media types are funneled into, or a mixed media playlist with small thumbs. With a large library it becomes pretty much useless as the Featured home screen menu seems to do a good job of keeping track of recent media. I could easily add 50 items from each media type I would classify as favorites, which would render a single long list cumbersome.

I actually love the Featured screen so much that I can't help craving to see the same functionality from the Favorites Screen. It seems like it could be adapted to handle favorites quite handily and make it a nice experience to peruse your favorites. I realize it's not a plug and play scenario to code, but the benefits of a robust favorites interface would be a nice addition to this wonderful software.

Cheers

For video files you could apply tags to designate favorites - see the context menu for adding tags that is available in Frodo,
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Some info also on this page: Video library tags (wiki)
Thanks for the info. That definitely looks useful, and I'm sure I'll find ways to use it as well as the Video library reorganisation via XML feature I have been keeping my eye on, but I still think I central place to browse your favorites by type with info screens would be very handy. I really fell in love with the Featured screen and just can't help wishing I could browse my favorites the same way. If not so elaborate, at least a way to browse favorites by media types without having a ton of playlists.

I was also kinda gauging if anyone else felt the same way, but if no one is clamoring for it than I understand it wouldn't make sense. I guess you could consider it a wishlist item. You guys made this thing so slick that it makes you want more. Keep up the great work!

Sure - tags give you that flexibility, as the information is in the database, thus available to the same scripts that are taking care of the Featured screen.

They're not yet available for music is all, but should be available for all video types.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Improved Favorites0