Zotac ZBOXSD-ID12
Hi all,

Don't shoot me if this has already been discussed. I have googled for about an hour and can not confirm.

Can this Zotac box, a) run xbmc, and b) handle most content etc (1080p, menu/scrolling speed issues?) ??

LINK

I'm trying to find a cheap replacement for my atv2, it is close to being ideal but falls short when scanning for media and trying to move through menus etc.

Any advise is appreciated. Cheapest alternative if this box won't work would also be helpful.

Cheers folks.
mine runs nice only with 1080p i have some problems at the moment..

but it could be the settings (as i almost never watch 1080p)

running this in combination with 4gb ram / win 7 ult x64 / xbmc eden
for a simple htpc it does the job and will be a good replacement for an atv2
I have an Acer Revo R3700 as my bedroom htpc, it has the same cpu but ion2 graphics (I don't know anything about the Intel® GMA 3150 gpu or how it compares to ion2) which via xbmc plays absolutely everything I've thrown at it including full uncompressed bluray images.
It also handles a power hungry skin like Aeon Nox without problems. If my box is anything to go by atom powerd pc's make great media centres but the cpu is just too slow to do anything else apart from basic web browsing and simple photo and document stuff.
If you don't want to build yourself I've set up a couple of Revo RL70's for friends recently which despite the cpu's lower clock speeds are faster all round.
If you got one of the cheaper ones like the one in the link following you'd need to put your own OS on it

http://www.ebuyer.com/344479-acer-aspire...-sj4ek-001

If you can build yourself you will get something much better than these nettops, the only reason I got my Revo was because at the time hard drive prices were sky high and I couldn't build something with the 500gb storage it came with for cheaper.
Thanks for these replies, guys.

@eehbiertje: so apart from 1080p struggling, are your menu/browsing speeds snappy?

cheers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac ZBOXSD-ID120