Still can't get certain documentaries to scan properly.
I read this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=133805 , and changed the way things were named. I made a slight bit of progress. I put Life (2009) in the root of my tv folder and changed all the episodes as per the above post and what I could find on thetvdb.com. And now I see the series in my tv shows, but no episodes show as available in the listing. Arg.

I still can't even get The Universe, or Frozen Planet, etc to even be recognized, much less list the available episodes. I have followed the advice in the above thread and put things down exactly as I see them in thetvdb.com ( which actually worked wonders for Record of Lodoss War for example), but I still can't get these documentaries to display properly.

Has anyone had any success they wish to share with these shows showing up in xbmc?

Thanks

(2012-10-26, 01:55)dmaker Wrote: And now I see the series in my tv shows, but no episodes show as available in the listing.

On the Set Content page for that show's folder, did you enable the option, "Selected folder contains a single TV show"? If not, try enabling it and then rescanning for new content.
Show us your TV show folder and file structures and you settings for the source in XBMC.
(2012-10-26, 02:02)artrafael Wrote:
(2012-10-26, 01:55)dmaker Wrote: And now I see the series in my tv shows, but no episodes show as available in the listing.

On the Set Content page for that show's folder, did you enable the option, "Selected folder contains a single TV show"? If not, try enabling it and then rescanning for new content.

Thanks for the response. I can't check right away as I'm watching tv with the wife. I remember seeing that setting for the root folder of my tv when I added the source. I didn't know you could se that on a folder by folder basis. Is that in the context menu by chance?

EDIT: I checked, the only place I can find that setting is on the root folder for my TV sources. I don't think I want to make that change there, do I? I have only added one folder called TV and it contains all of my tv shows in their folders. And this works for 95% of my shows, just not these pesky documentaries. I'm pretty new to xbmc, though, but I can't imagine I am supposed to add each show separately am I?

(2012-10-26, 02:14)kricker Wrote: Show us your TV show folder and file structures and you settings for the source in XBMC.

Sure, no problem. Uhm, how do I do that exactly, beyond just describing it to you? Is there a way to export it or something?

The only tv source added to xbmc is \\NAS\TV under that are all my tv folders and shows. In this case, it is \\NAS\TV\Life (2009)

The shows are all listed as Life (2009).SE01.E01. Challenges of Life.mkv , etc

The settings in xbmc are the default for TV source.

Life might be better handled as video... from IMbd

(2012-10-26, 02:17)dmaker Wrote: I didn't know you could se that on a folder by folder basis. Is that in the context menu by chance?
Yes, go to Videos > Files and navigate to the folder that contains your problematic show and open its context menu and select the "Change content" option.
Quote:I'm pretty new to xbmc, though, but I can't imagine I am supposed to add each show separately am I?
No, you shouldn't need to do this on a show-by-show basis. You should be able to scan from your top-level TV shows folder and scrape info for all your shows. However, since you're having a problem with a few particular shows where the show itself is listed in the library but not any of its episodes, I thought it would be prudent to verify this option is enabled at the show-folder level.

(2012-10-26, 03:16)artrafael Wrote:
(2012-10-26, 02:17)dmaker Wrote: I didn't know you could se that on a folder by folder basis. Is that in the context menu by chance?
Yes, go to Videos > Files and navigate to the folder that contains your problematic show and open its context menu and select the "Change content" option.
Quote:I'm pretty new to xbmc, though, but I can't imagine I am supposed to add each show separately am I?
No, you shouldn't need to do this on a show-by-show basis. You should be able to scan from your top-level TV shows folder and scrape info for all your shows. However, since you're having a problem with a few particular shows where the show itself is listed in the library but not any of its episodes, I thought it would be prudent to verify this option is enabled at the show-folder level.

Thanks for the tip. I did that, but it was already set to the setting you mentioned.

PAtK, sorry, but not really sure what you mean by better handled as video from imdb?

Edit2: Nothing really working so far. So to have it handled as video ( and scraped by imdb) I have to move it to my movies root folder? Is that correct? It's weird, everything else scrapes fine, except for those BBC documentaries.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Still can't get certain documentaries to scan properly.0