PseudoTV Channel set up (Noob)
I have installed PseudoTV (on Windows 7) and am having problems getting it to work - I keep getting the 'Unable to populate channels/Verify you have scraped media' error.
I have Googled around and have tried 'PseudoTV Manager' to set these up, but with no luck.

Can anyone please provide an idiots guide to setting these up - ie I am after (For example) Channel 1 = Sky1, Channel 2 = ABC, Channel 3=Fox etc

I have downloaded the PseudoTV Channel Pack & also the Image pack and have copied the files to the folders listed, but still get the same error.

From what I have read it seems that I may have to do something with playlists, but I can't find much other info on this.

Thanks in advance! Blush
(2012-10-26, 12:01)nsmacd1 Wrote: I have installed PseudoTV (on Windows 7) and am having problems getting it to work - I keep getting the 'Unable to populate channels/Verify you have scraped media' error.
I have Googled around and have tried 'PseudoTV Manager' to set these up, but with no luck.

Can anyone please provide an idiots guide to setting these up - ie I am after (For example) Channel 1 = Sky1, Channel 2 = ABC, Channel 3=Fox etc

I have downloaded the PseudoTV Channel Pack & also the Image pack and have copied the files to the folders listed, but still get the same error.

From what I have read it seems that I may have to do something with playlists, but I can't find much other info on this.

Thanks in advance! Blush

Hello,

You really should ask this in the PTV thread here, but I'll try to help you out.

Firstly, you need to know that I am talking about my experience with PTV using Windows 7 and the Dharma version of XBMC. It might be the same with Eden, though I can't tell you for sure.

Anyway, you shouldn't need any of your own playlists for PTV to work. It automatically will create channels using the stuff (TV Show & Movies) you have in your library. So first thing first...

Are you just trying to use PTV on 1 computer or are you sharing channels?

You do have your library all set up in XBMC? i.e. named sources, set content and let them scrape for the show/movie information?

If you do...make sure you are using the default skin, Confluence, to open PTV up and start playing with the "Channel Configuration".

You may want to start with one channel. Go into PTV and remove all of the channels that it created and then create just one channel using the selections that PTV provides you, (genre, mixed genre, network, etc). Close the "Channel Configuration" window and try starting PTV. If it still does not work, come back and let us know.

Some things you may want to do to make PTV behave as you want. Get some sort of sql db manager, go into the XBMC db and change the or configure your tv shows and genres to your liking. Conversely, you can make sure that your media has the correct information on an nfo file when it is scraped by XBMC.

Come back for more help after trying the 1 channel test.

Edit: You may want to look at this guide: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=127492

Also, be aware that whatever channels you create will not show up until the channels is actually filled with media. So if nothing happens right away, give it a few minutes.

Mark
Thanks for that - I have managed to add TV and Videos from my HD to the channels now, and when I open PTV it just opens any random file from Channel 1 and I don't have any options on the screen, apart from exiting PTV.

How would I add live Channels such as ITV, BBC1 etc (or is it just local files on the PC? )and show the EPG so that it shows a menu etc?
(2012-10-26, 13:44)nsmacd1 Wrote: Thanks for that - I have managed to add TV and Videos from my HD to the channels now, and when I open PTV it just opens any random file from Channel 1 and I don't have any options on the screen, apart from exiting PTV.

How would I add live Channels such as ITV, BBC1 etc (or is it just local files on the PC? )and show the EPG so that it shows a menu etc?

PTV was not designed to use live channels, just your local content. That being said, some folks have been able to make live tv work. You'll have to get someone else to help you with that as I have not attempted that.

Could you explain your current problem with a little more detail?

Mark

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PseudoTV Channel set up (Noob)0