[XBMCBuntu] 11.0 No Menu Sounds After Reboot, Then Randomly Resound After Reboot
XBMCBuntu 11.0
Pulse-Eight PVR Repo
Sound via SPDIF to 5.1 reciever

I have a really weird problem. All sounds in streams and passthrough seem to be working fine, but menu sounds are NOT working. My menu sounds have not worked since I freshly installed XBMCBuntu... except every once in awhile after a reboot, they will work. I have no idea why. The menu sounds will then work fine until I reboot again. I do have an .asoundrc file, of which I can post the contents of when I am at that machine later. My sound settings in XBMC are set for Audio output via alsa iec958 and Passthrough is custom hwplug0:1, which I got from the command "aplay-l". Alsamixer does shows the spdif channels as "0", I have tried to increase this from "0" but cannot for some reason as none of the appropriate keys will increase it. My guess is that it is supposed to be "0" as its the Passthrough channel...? Does anyone have an idea on how to start troubleshooting this?
.asoundrc

pcm.!default {
type plug
slave {
# pcm "hw:0,0" #delete the first hash for sound over analog
pcm "hw:0,1" #delete the first hash for sound over optical
# pcm "hw:0,3" #delete the first hash for sound over hdmi
rate 48000
}
}

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBMCBuntu] 11.0 No Menu Sounds After Reboot, Then Randomly Resound After Reboot0