Cannot find files to add/play in xbmc windows!
Hello Guys,

When trying to add a video or .strm file so I can play it within xbmc using default DVDplayer, I cannot find the files so I can add them
it worked once, and I was able to add a file, but I can no longer do that...the files are on my pc and I can access the folder just fine, but it looks empty!!!

For example I have tried adding a test.strm file via System => File Manager, (I've also tried it from the main Video menu adding video, browsing,..but I still I cannot find the file!!! and No, in folder options I have unchecked hide know file extensions and I can see all of my files extensions, so I'm sure test.strm is not text.strm.txt...

Very strange behavior and I'm really intrigued!!!

Any Suggestions?

Thanks!
Are these local file drive sources, or are they network file sources?
Hello Ned, in both cases (local and network) I cannot find the files! They're there I'm sure...and I can access the folder the contains them (locally or via network, but I cannot select and add them, as the folder looks empty!!!
Are you talking XBMC for XBOX? If so, no support here, goto www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk
(2012-10-27, 21:38)helta Wrote: Are you talking XBMC for XBOX? If so, no support here, goto www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk

XBMC both on windows and ATV2...same issue. Thanks!
Ok, misinterpreted your first post. So when you goto Videos-> Files -> Add Videos you are supposed to be adding a whole folder, not just a single individual file. So for example, you have a share named "Movies" on your Windows box, you would add "smb://iptowindowsbox/Movies" as your path. Set the content to movies, and scan it into the library.
OK thanks helta, I will try that and report back...although I believe that applies to a adding video file, but what if I'm trying to add a strm file? from system=> file manager => add source...and browse to the file...I don't think your method applies to that does it? coz I remember just a a week ago, I was able to just browse to a test.strm file and play it...now I cannot find the file when I browse to its location!!! please advise
Still Not Working! Please Help. Thanks
I have the same problem, i whant to play some .strm files from my dropbox, but XBMC can't see the files. Only when they are local files Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot find files to add/play in xbmc windows!0