[Windows 8] XBMC Remote
What I am ?missing? is the possibility to easily adjust the sound level when playing a television show. Is that already implemented and do I overlook that function?
(2013-05-10, 16:52)PieterTjeToo Wrote: What I am ?missing? is the possibility to easily adjust the sound level when playing a television show. Is that already implemented and do I overlook that function?

The remote control offers options to adjust the sound level (up, down, mute).

Hi, I've just move from and android tablet and the yatse remote to a windows 8 tablet.
So I tried your app it's great and I love the modern UI skin.

but something is missing and I'd like to make a request or an improvement wish

I'm using MPC-HC as an external player wich can be controled through html.

So can you implement something that allow your remote to control some basic stuff like, stop, play, pause.. with mpc-hc?

I'm also using two profiles with xbmc. and your remote does not allow to change the profile under the power button options so can you please add it

moreover when I change the profile, the app is syncing with the database when you enter into movies or tv show but not on the home page of your app

thanks a lot
Hi, it was more work than I thought but the select profile feature is now ready. The next version will include an new button called "profile" located at the appbar. Pushing the button will open the profiles windows at your xbmc. It will work with eden and frodo. The home screen will also refresh after changing the profile (pushing the button will clear the cache).

Concerning MPC-HC I have to disappoint you. it would be too much work to adapt the application.

The next version should be in store around end of this or beginning of next week.
hello, another question,
as frodo comes with pvr , and as the api can gives some information to the remote
will you add a pvr section under the main menu like you did with movie and tv show?

thank you
Hi.

First of all, I would like to express how impressed I am of your development of the XMBC remote app. Its clean, easy to manage, with a sleek and modern interface.

To me, the app basically covers all applications I need. There is only one thing that limits the ease of use. I use the app together with RaspBMC (Raspberry Pi + XBMC) and the problem is to adjust the volume. To adjust the sound from highest to lowest I have to touch the volume button on the screen 85 times, and it doesn’t help to push and hold the button. This takes time and feel a little troublesome during use. At the same time there is not possible to get an indication on which level the volume is set on.

What I would ask for is if you would like to add a drag-able volume control line (or what it is called)? From this we could benefit for both have a one-touch adjustment, and know the level. It would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
/Kim
Hi Kim

The next update will include your feature request and will be in store around middle or end of October.

Regards
Hello,

great app, thanks.
Do you plan to include pvr control? this is really a missing feature.

Mulb
Hi Mulb

I have not implement it because I don’t own a pvr for xbmc. Vote for it on Uservoice http://xbmcremote.uservoice.com/ . if enough people vote for it, I'll buy one

Regards
Abdruggi
Hey
Very cool app. But might it be possible to add the following features?
1. A large seeker bar, easy controled by finger
2. Recently added episode view for tv shows
3. On the homescreen, the recently added episodes should be displayed and not some (random?) tvshows
3. Support for subtitle downloader plugin

Plus it might be cool if you can make all controls of their remote control a bit bigger since theres a lot of wasted space (surface 2)

When i press the power button, to which powerstate does the pc go to?
Hi,

Just love the app. I'm using it to control my XBMC from a 23" touchscreen and it's just awesome!
I do have one request...on my XBMC I have a menu-item assigned to start playing a (non-smart playlist). Is there any way I can remotely execute
the playlist in XBMC Remote? I can browse to the .m3u file using the "Explorer", but can't start/play it. Adding this feature would make it the perfect app for me.

One other thing I noticed is that not all fanart is shown on XBMC Remote (while listening music), altough XBMC is showing the fanart for the track correctly (could it maybe have something to do with my Aeon MQ4 skin?).
Hi UltraTeeN,

(2013-12-05, 22:37)UltraTeeN Wrote: 1. A large seeker bar, easy controled by finger

Will be added Q1 2014

(2013-12-05, 22:37)UltraTeeN Wrote: 2. Recently added episode view for tv shows

Will be included in the next release currently in certification

(2013-12-05, 22:37)UltraTeeN Wrote: 3. On the homescreen, the recently added episodes should be displayed and not some (random?) tvshows

Will be included in the next release currently in certification

(2013-12-05, 22:37)UltraTeeN Wrote: 3. Support for subtitle downloader plugin

The xbmc api does not support such scenarios. You can use the "OSC" button and the gesture pad (remote) to control the downloader plugin.

(2013-12-05, 22:37)UltraTeeN Wrote: When i press the power button, to which powerstate does the pc go to?

Go to Charm -> Settings -> Settings -> Shutdown mode to configure the button

(2013-12-15, 12:59)marc. Wrote: Hi,

Just love the app. I'm using it to control my XBMC from a 23" touchscreen and it's just awesome!
I do have one request...on my XBMC I have a menu-item assigned to start playing a (non-smart playlist). Is there any way I can remotely execute
the playlist in XBMC Remote? I can browse to the .m3u file using the "Explorer", but can't start/play it. Adding this feature would make it the perfect app for me.

One other thing I noticed is that not all fanart is shown on XBMC Remote (while listening music), altough XBMC is showing the fanart for the track correctly (could it maybe have something to do with my Aeon MQ4 skin?).

Hi marc

I am not sure it that is possible. I will check it.
(2013-12-05, 12:28)Abdruggi Wrote: Hi Mulb

I have not implement it because I don’t own a pvr for xbmc. Vote for it on Uservoice http://xbmcremote.uservoice.com/ . if enough people vote for it, I'll buy one

Regards
Abdruggi

Hi you do not have to buy one as you can emulate pvr function in xbmc frodo Wink
Just started to use this app since I just got the Surface 2 and I must say its great. Only small problem I have is every time I need to input text with the onscreen keyboard or even my type cover,it does not work it only inputs one letter and once I input the other it cancels the first out. Is there a setting I'm missing? Thanks.
Great app Smile

I think I have found a bug though. If you try to display album artwork for an artist that has a non standard character in the artist name or album title, it comes back blank.

An example of this would be Björk for an artist and Déjà Vu as an album title. The artwork, embedded in the MP3, is displayed correctly on the XBMC server.

If you would like me to post the logs of the query taking place on the XBMC server I can.

Thanks

Jason

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows 8] XBMC Remote2