XBMCbuntu Release ION2 video Configuration
Hello together.
I have a strange probleme with my new XBMCbuntu installation. (and i am not familiar with Linux)

TV ist connected via HDMI. As long as only the TV is connected, the configuration (Resolution) is so bad, that i am not able even to read the Menues.

As soon as there is a second monitor is parallel connected via VGA everthing works fine. Even the TV is recogniced correctly.

As soon as I disconnect the second monitor i am back at the bad resolution.

XBMC itself is working fine, Audiosettings are fine

any hints for a newbee?

kind regards

lenni
Shuttle GTV2 ION DualBoot W7 & Ubuntu 10.04 (Natty); Shuttle GTV2 ION Ubuntu 10.04 (Natty) Syno DS411 NAS Samsung UE60d8080
Hello,

I'm using a ion2 configuration (Xtreamer box) with an unique Samsung TV (LCD, serie 4). I don't have the problem you describe and I don't have to change anything to get the correct resolution (Full HD).

After installing XBMCbuntu, I have just applied a patch for xorg.conf configuration (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=70068) which should make the video perfectly smooth with 24p materials. It still doesn't work for real HD films, but it's another subject.

I don't think this patch will solve your problem but is should be tested first. Perhaps your TV returns bad information to the application which doesn't allow to automatically switch to the correct resolution. But it doesn't explain why when to plug a VGA display everything works ...

Good luck

Regards

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCbuntu Release ION2 video Configuration0