Please help, I don't know what to do... :(
Hi guys,

It's fairly obvious that most of you can't be bothered with me because I'm not the brightest guy around concerning these things. Part of my problem is my Autism and I don't take things in in the way a normal person would. Also, these things are only easy if you know a great deal about them, but I only know a little..

On to my problem...

I set up a second Jailbroken ATV 2 and 2TB Time Capsule the other day. I added media to xbmc by typing the pathway as 192.168.2.14/Data and so on... Now the Time Capsule has decided to change it's I.P. address and I can't for the life of me figure out how to manually set it back to that. I tried changing it to static and typing the I.P. in manually but then the internet doesn't work.

On my set up at home that I'm not having any issues with I think I have 'Router Mode' set to "Off Bridge Mode" whereas this network which is at my mums was set to "DHCP + NAT" So I've set it to "Bridge Mode"

My I.P. address now staying at the new one. Now I've turned "Bridge Mode" on will it stay at this? I don't mind if it does and I can add my media to xbmc again even though it is a pain in the backside due to the painfully slow internet connection at my mums. I don't mind doing this if I will only have to do it once but I don't want the hassle of having to do it every time the Time Capsule wants to change it's I.P. address.

Can anyone suggest something, in small, simple easy steps, please?

Thank you in advance.
Mid 2009 15" MacBook Pro 10.8.2
16GB WiFi iPad 2 iOS6
32GB iPhone 5 iOS6
2 x Jailbroken ATV2 iOS5.0.2
2 x Apple 2TB Time Capsules
Sony Bravia KDL40NX723B LED HD 1080p 3D TV, 40 inch with Built-in Wi-Fi and Freeview HD
Don't sell yourself short. I honestly don't know how the TC behaves as a secondary device on a network with an existing AirPort router, and I'm betting that others are the same. Apple's routers seem to have their own quirks that we haven't been able to figure out ourselves, and you're dealing with a network that has two of them.
Ah sorry,

I forgot to say, when I realised that the internet had to be set up on the Time Capsule I did away with the Airport Extreme. My sister has an old Belkin something or other that supplies the internet. No matter how I try I can't get it to work as a 'Modem Only' and the Belkin shows up in the list of available wireless networks and can be used to provide internet. My sister only wanted my old Airport Extreme so she could plug her external USB drive in to it.

I'm guessing it's not the Time Capsule that's the problem but a setting somewhere within the Belkin...?

In my flat I'm using a very old modem (modem only) connected to my Time Capsule that my I.S.P. (Talk Talk here in Scotland) provided when I joined back in 2004 but it lay in its box under the bed until earlier this year but I can't for the life of me work out how to access it to see it's settings. I just plugged it in to the Time Capsule and it worked. Smile
Also,

How do I use my iPhone as a keypad to input data in to xbmc rather than navigating around the onscreen keyboard with the remote control?
16GB WiFi iPad 2 iOS6
32GB iPhone 5 iOS6
Sony Bravia KDL40NX723B LED HD 1080p 3D TV, 40 inch with Built-in Wi-Fi and Freeview HD
I think my Jailbreak, and or xbmc install has been dodgy as for some reason I now only have 3 icons on the home screen and they are... 'Computers', 'Settings' and 'xbmc'. What has gone wrong?
16GB WiFi iPad 2 iOS6
32GB iPhone 5 iOS6
In general the ATV2 hides categories on iOS when no content is found. That could be the "issue". You can switch that behaviour when opening the Info.plist for the frappliance and change the value of FRHideIfNoCategories to NO.

It also might be that you renamed the frappliances or that you hid them through a package called overflow.
(2012-10-28, 10:22)Maetrik Wrote: In general the ATV2 hides categories on iOS when no content is found. That could be the "issue". You can switch that behaviour when opening the Info.plist for the frappliance and change the value of FRHideIfNoCategories to NO.

It also might be that you renamed the frappliances or that you hid them through a package called overflow.

Thanks, but that means absolutely nothing to me. :/

I figured out my issue. I updated the firmware on the Belkin and uploaded the Australian version instead of the U.K. version. I've Updated to the U.K. version and all my icons are back.

I spent hours last night loading all my media back in to xbmc only for the power to go off (it happens a lot round here in the winter) 5 minutes after I finished. When it eventually came back on the Time Capsule had given itself/been assigned a new I.P. address by the Belkin. After switching the Belkin and Time Capsule on and off at the wall a few times I eventually got it back to the I.P. address that I used as the path in xbmc. There must be a way to make sure that the Time Capsule keeps the same I.P. address but I don't have a clue how. Hopefully the firmware update for the Belkin will help but I won't hold my breath.

So, how do I use my iPhone as a keypad to input data in to xbmc when editing movie titles etc?
16GB WiFi iPad 2 iOS6
32GB iPhone 5 iOS6
Use the Official XBMC remote (wiki) for your iPhone.

For the TC IP address, that has to be set on the Belkin router.
(2012-10-28, 23:27)Ned Scott Wrote: Use the Official XBMC remote (wiki) for your iPhone.

For the TC IP address, that has to be set on the Belkin router.

Thank you. Smile

Does my iPhone need to be Jailbroken for the app?

Any idea where and what I have to do within the Belkin settings?

I answered my own question regarding the App and I'm downloading it now. Smile I'm surprised Apple accepted it considering it's used for an app on a Jailbroken Apple product, which Apple are dead against. :O
16GB WiFi iPad 2 iOS6
32GB iPhone 5 iOS6
Ahhh, I'm pulling my hair out regarding this! The power hasn't gone off and the Belkin hasn't been switched off but the Time Capsule has a new I.P. address. Sad
16GB WiFi iPad 2 iOS6
32GB iPhone 5 iOS6

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please help, I don't know what to do... :(0