• 3(current)
WIP hybrid
I love this new skin! Thanks Smile

I'll start to translate it to French today! And I miss LiveTV/PVR support too, I'd realy like to put it on my Pi Smile
I'll try looking at PVR this weekend for you guys. Major problem is I've moved house and TV is now cable not satelite. My PC cards are for satalite Sad but I can try the pvr.demo addon.

Re Translations have pulled Portuguese (Brazil) from waniltoncampos and Lithuanian from ArtX38. These have been added to the git - Thanks guys
Noli illegitimi carborundum

@Mudislander
Thanks for the update, PVR seems to work now Wink
I still need to get used to the transparency in the menu's.
And i'll try to finish translation this evening.

I also copied the xbt files from media and xml files from colors folder from Confluence Lite mod to Hybrid and they seem to work.
is it possible to implement a way to disable fanart if needed and have something like cinema curtains or something film related as an alternative background as i find some older movies i cannot find good fanart for background so if there was a way to have a default background for all it might make it look a bit better (at least for me) so you don't have fanart on one movie then some default vackground on the next then the next is back to movie fanart again this is not very consistent

if possible can it have the option to turn it off on say movies but keep fanart backgrounds activated for tv shows i think this option exists in the aeon nox skin

one other thing that might be nice is a movie view with the bluray and dvd case wraps around the poster the one in mad-max's confluence mod is really good here is the one i am talking about

http://i.imgur.com/4up24.jpg

also his showcase view is pretty good too

http://i.imgur.com/FbA4e.jpg
(2012-11-09, 20:26)schumi2004 Wrote: @Mudislander
Thanks for the update, PVR seems to work now Wink
I still need to get used to the transparency in the menu's.
And i'll try to finish translation this evening.

I also copied the xbt files from media and xml files from colors folder from Confluence Lite mod to Hybrid and they seem to work.

That's good news - been flying blind over PVR, as mine is crashing :p

Adjustable transparency is on the todo list.

I see you've been working on the translation, will include it when you're finished

There are some differences in the xbt files, let me know which themes you prefer & I'll add them in when i get a chance
(2012-11-09, 20:44)protocol77 Wrote: is it possible to implement a way to disable fanart if needed and have something like cinema curtains or something film related as an alternative background as i find some older movies i cannot find good fanart for background so if there was a way to have a default background for all it might make it look a bit better (at least for me) so you don't have fanart on one movie then some default vackground on the next then the next is back to movie fanart again this is not very consistent

if possible can it have the option to turn it off on say movies but keep fanart backgrounds activated for tv shows i think this option exists in the aeon nox skin

Yep, I agree, doesn't look too good when no fanart especially when the background is set to global and on the weather Smile Actually that whole section needs a bit of work as sometimes the backgrounds change over too slowly. Anyway I'll keep it in mind and see what I can come up with. But will add in the toggle to turn off fanart in a day or two, if it's wanted movies, tvshows and music could all have seperate background on/off toggles

@Mudislander
Translation is finished, maybe i'll change a few strings later but it's good for me.
About the themes, add whatever you like. I have added all of them and it seems to work except for the purple main menu / submenu items.

Do you think you can make Raindrops effect adjustable, i mean the speed of it?
thanks for reply to my other suggestions hope you can implement some or all of them

i have another idea too i hope it is ok

until hybrid is a little further along i am sticking with your confluence lite mod and just going through today changing up some fanart for my tv shows i had an idea

on some skins i have seen a view similar to the Fanart view in the lite mod but instead of the tiny posters (would like that view added as well as it is a good one)

i noticed they have similar view but using TV Show Logos but as most people who have a lot of shows can tell you not all shows have logos created for them so there become gaps inbetween which looks silly

i was thinking instead of logos maybe you can make it banners you can if needed shrink them a little but having one line of banners going along the bottom of the screen might work quite well here is your fanart view as you already now but where the posters are placing banners in there place if you can picture it i dont have Photoshop skills to give you an example

transparency has something similar but there's are vertical i was thinking horizontal across the bottom

(2012-11-10, 01:37)schumi2004 Wrote: @Mudislander
Translation is finished, maybe i'll change a few strings later but it's good for me.
About the themes, add whatever you like. I have added all of them and it seems to work except for the purple main menu / submenu items.

Do you think you can make Raindrops effect adjustable, i mean the speed of it?

Thanks or the translation Smile

Re themes the "Focused" menu item colour would be one of the problems with copying over the LiteMod themes - I'll get to it eventually.

To have a variable on the raindrop effect is not worth the overheads, you could have a look at the file "IncludesBackgroundEffect.xml" and change some of the values to see what you can come up with.
@protocol77 - Good ideas for the views - I'll keep them in mind.

Edit Added possibilty of a different set background for video, music & pictures when system set to global (only videos working ATM)

In Background settings window set to global then have 4 choices on spinner - Global, Video, Music and Pictures. have not included any new mages to save space but users can point to their own pictures of theatres, curtains etc

@Mudislander
French Translation is finished, maybe i'll need to change a few strings later but I think it's good.
Thanks hey Smile If you need to change anything, just go for it - when I pull the languages any changes made will come through. I also add new strings whenever I need to, which does tend to mess up things a little.

Hello, do you plan to add latest items on home screen ?

Thanks !
Yep, was going to do it the other day but am undecided what they should look like to suit both the horizontal and vertical menus. Leaning towards a bigger panel with individual cases as in the LiteMod but my family apparently prefer the old Convergence style of a box with list inside. So any suggestions are welcome - may change my preference Smile

For me, "classical" views like in confluence will be perfect ...
I don't like too much boxes with list inside, i prefer a few posters Big Grin

Thanks
Working on a couple of "classic" type views ATM to get skin up and running. To start off with a little basic but will work on codec images etc as time goes on.

i noticed an issue in the latest git zip i downloaded whenever i go back to the main menu or navigate it the favourites window keeps popping up on the screen and i have to keep closing it

• 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
hybrid10