All F-keys being interpreted as the ESC key
I'm using Media PC Keyboard/Mouse from TouchSquid running on a Galaxy Tab 2 7" to control XMBC. All works well and I've been able to map keys in keyboard.xml where I want them except for the F keys and Up/Down/Left/Right/Return which all are treated like the ESC key. The F keys on the physical keyboard attached to the pc work properly.

From the debug log ( http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=7Hg1hpEq ) when pressing F8 (Mute):

13:33:44 T:1108 DEBUG: SDLKeyboard: scancode: 01, sym: 001b, unicode: 0000, modifier: 0
13:33:44 T:1108 DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: escape (f01b) pressed, action is Fullscreen

Using Showkey to receive F8, the KeyID is returned as:

119(0x77)-VK_F8

which seems correct. However, the text in the copy code text box is:

<escape>Notification(Key, escape, 3)<\escape>

which is for the ESC key.

Any suggestions on what I can do to resolve this?

XBMC 11 Eden
Windows XP SP3 32-bit
Dell Latitude D630
Intel Core2 Duo CPU T7500 @2.20GHz
3 GB RAM
Using a Wireshark, I found that keys that behave like ESC are being transmitted as:

f8 = [ F 8 ]
left arrow = [ L E F T ]
return = [ E N T E R ]

The keys all work in Windows, just not it XBMC. Any ideas what the problem might be? The brackets? Upper case letters? The keys that work all have lower case letters and the ones with ctrl and shift have parenthesis in them.
Everything works fine in Win 7 (32 and 64 bit). The problem is only in XP. What's different in XP that could cause this and can anything be done to fix it?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
All F-keys being interpreted as the ESC key0