XMBC Playback Station ... Acer Netbook D270 ?
I'm entirely a cheapskate when it comes to adding playback stations for XBMC Smile

My 'main' is an Asus nettop with nvidia ..something.. Smile .. ( D1005 series ? ), anyhow it does a pretty good job. I was just poking about on Kijiji and saw someone selling an acer netbook D270, the specs seem alright but I'm a bit concerned with the Intel GMA graphics being able to properly handle HD mkv files. thoughts ?

• Windows 7 Starter
• 10.1″ LED-Lit Screen
• Atom N2600 Dual-Core Processor
• Graphics Media Accelerator 3600 GPU
• 2GB RAM
• 320GB SATA Hard Disk
• Integrated web Camera
• Multi Card Reader
• High Definition Audio, 2 Stereo Speakers, MS-Sound Compatibility
• 93% of the Full Size of the Keyboard
• Multi-Gesture Touchpad
• 3 x USB 2.0, VGA, HDMI, RJ-45, Microphone in, Headphone out
• Wireless 802.11 a/b/g/n
• Gigabit Ethernet LAN
• Bluetooth v4.0+ HS

Price : $150..

I figure this may be handy for something else down the road should it ever be denounced from XBMC duties given that it is a 'low powered' laptop.
I picked one up from a local office shop with a cracked screen for $100... removed all the bloatware on it... insalled new RAM from 1GB to 2GB.... then installed XBMC with AEON skin, and tested both on WiFi and Wire network....

Played 1080 and 720 without much issues except for when WiFi it had buffering issues with big files (4GB+ mkv) also I noticed some display issues with .mov files, but since I dont have many of them, I didnt bother to investigate it...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XMBC Playback Station ... Acer Netbook D270 ?0