Macbook Pro fans out of control
Hello all.
Sorry if this has been asked already and if there is already a solution out there, I could not find much.

I have a Macbook Pro late 2008 (2.4GHZ with 8 gb ram) and when XBMC is idle (not playing anything) the fans spin out of control (even though the cpu temperature is not particularly high say around 70-80). CPU usage is rather high (80%). I have activated dirty regions following the tutorial and also reduced nofliptimeout to 0 from the suggested 1000. Also, I deactivated RSS feeds in xbmc (there was a thread saying that this might help). No luck, I still have the fans spinning out of control.

Does anybody have a solution for this issue? Are other people experiencing fan noise even after enabling dirty regions?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

Which XBMC version?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Eden (11), Sorry !
And here I thought (from the thread title) that this was going to be about people at Apple retail stores fighting each other to get their hands on the new 13-inch Macbook Pro with Retina display. Smile
@xexets try a current nightliy build and see if that problem is solved already.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Macbook Pro fans out of control0