• 19(current)
Release XBMC LCDproc Python addon
I'm using OpenELec so I don't think I can do this easily and my Linux skills are not that great either. Perhaps a more experienced Linux user with this issue and with the right OS can look in to this debugging for us, fingers crossed.

Regards
(2014-10-03, 12:00)Ned Scott Wrote: No crash for me when I tried this with a semi-recent Helix-based OpenELEC install on my Pi. Are you running 13.2 on Xbian? If so, I'll try that next.

Yes, I'm running 13.2:

Code:
Starting XBMC (13.2-BETA1 Git:20140715-9ec2a0f). Platform: ARM Linux 32-bit
Using Release XBMC x32 build, compiled Aug  6 2014 by GCC 4.6.3 for ARM Linux 32-bit 3.10.30
Running on Linux 32-bit (XBian 1.0 (knockout), 3.15.8+ armv6l)
Host CPU: ARMv6-compatible processor rev 7 (v6l), 1 core available
Hello,
On my 16x2 display, this code
Code:
<line>$INFO[LCD.AlignRight]$INFO[MusicPlayer.Duration]</line>

cuts last digit.
I have 06:0 instead 06:01.
(2014-10-10, 17:19)0xFF Wrote: On my 16x2 display, this code
Code:

cuts last digit.

Hmm, another thing I unfortunately can't reproduce (Helix trunk and script.xbmc.lcdproc trunk which will be pushed to the addon repo when Helix hits beta, but that branch doesn't contain anything that would affect a possible miscalculation of the offset). Are those two tags really the only thing on that line when that occurs?
script.xbmc.lcdproc!
Leia+VAAPI+HD-Audio+LCDproc addon,TVHeadend-master/DVB-C/T2+pvr.tvh addon on Ubuntu 18.04 (amd64)
(2014-10-10, 20:29)herrnst Wrote:
(2014-10-10, 17:19)0xFF Wrote: On my 16x2 display, this code
Code:

cuts last digit.

Hmm, another thing I unfortunately can't reproduce (Helix trunk and script.xbmc.lcdproc trunk which will be pushed to the addon repo when Helix hits beta, but that branch doesn't contain anything that would affect a possible miscalculation of the offset). Are those two tags really the only thing on that line when that occurs?

False alarm, sorry.
After LCDd restart everything looks ok. It seems my display went in strange state.
(2014-10-11, 11:24)0xFF Wrote: False alarm, sorry.
After LCDd restart everything looks ok. It seems my display went in strange state.

Alright, thanks for the feedback Smile
script.xbmc.lcdproc!
Leia+VAAPI+HD-Audio+LCDproc addon,TVHeadend-master/DVB-C/T2+pvr.tvh addon on Ubuntu 18.04 (amd64)
(2014-10-03, 12:28)cw-kid Wrote:
(2014-10-03, 10:44)0xFF Wrote: Here's my LCD.xml entry for music
Code:
<music>
      <line>$INFO[MusicPlayer.Title]</line>
      <line>$INFO[LCD.ProgressBar]</line>
</music>

The interesting thing is, when I changed $INFO[MusicPlayer.Title] label to static:
Code:
<music>
      <line>Playing music</line>
</music>
it worked for me without problem.

I've just changed my LCD.XML file in the Userdata folder, as suggested above and re-enabled V2.5.1 of the LCD Proc add-on.

Will let you know how I get on with that?

Cheers

Just an update, its been 10 days or so since I edited the LCD.xml file to be static as shown above and since then XBMC hasn't crashed once whilst playing music.

So my crashing issues definitely appear to be related to the LCD screen / add-on.

Regards.
Since I use $INFO[MusicPlayer.Time], $INFO[MusicPlayer.Duration], $INFO[LCD.ProgressBar] info labels XBMC hasn't crashed.
I have issues with $INFO[MusicPlayer.Title], $INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist] info labels.

So, the problem seems to be related to text info labels, numbers are not affected.
(2014-10-14, 13:15)0xFF Wrote: Since I use $INFO[MusicPlayer.Time], $INFO[MusicPlayer.Duration], $INFO[LCD.ProgressBar] info labels XBMC hasn't crashed.
I have issues with $INFO[MusicPlayer.Title], $INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist] info labels.

So, the problem seems to be related to text info labels, numbers are not affected.

Any chance I could see a copy of your LCD.xml file? So I can compare and edit mine as well.

My music section currently looks like this:

Code:
<music>
      <line>$INFO[LCD.PlayIcon] $INFO[Player.Time]/$INFO[Player.Duration]</line>
      <line>Playing Music</line>
      <line>$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]</line>
      <line>$INFO[MusicPlayer.Album] ($INFO[MusicPlayer.Year])</line>
   </music>

Thanks

EDIT:

Seems I still have $INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist] enabled and its been OK with that. The line that caused mine to crash all the time was $INFO[MusicPlayer.Title]
(2014-10-14, 13:23)cw-kid Wrote:
(2014-10-14, 13:15)0xFF Wrote: Since I use $INFO[MusicPlayer.Time], $INFO[MusicPlayer.Duration], $INFO[LCD.ProgressBar] info labels XBMC hasn't crashed.

Any chance I could see a copy of your LCD.xml file? So I can compare and edit mine as well.

My music section currently looks like this:

Code:
<music>
      <line>$INFO[LCD.PlayIcon] $INFO[Player.Time]/$INFO[Player.Duration]</line>
      <line>Playing Music</line>
      <line>$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]</line>
      <line>$INFO[MusicPlayer.Album] ($INFO[MusicPlayer.Year])</line>
   </music>

Thanks

My music section after upgrade
Code:
<music>
      <line>$INFO[LCD.PlayIcon]$INFO[MusicPlayer.Time]$INFO[LCD.AlignRight]$INFO[MusicPlayer.Duration]</line>
</music>

Whole LCD.xml (before update):
https://github.com/0xFACE/RPi-OLED-Displ...er/LCD.xml

I use 16x2 display.
OK thanks, please see my edit above looks like my system has been OK with the $INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist] enabled.
(2014-10-14, 13:31)cw-kid Wrote: OK thanks, please see my edit above looks like my system has been OK with the $INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist] enabled.

ok, I will recheck $INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist] label for this issue.

EDIT:
Unfortunately doesn't work for me.
XBMC crashes after 3 tracks Sad
I get the same error, xbmc crashes soon after starting playback if I use $INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist] or $INFO[MusicPlayer.Title]
All,

the cause for the crashes especially with the MusicPlayer.* labels has been found and could be resolved. A fix is pending for merge into Helix.

Regards,
nst
script.xbmc.lcdproc!
Hello all! A huge help in connecting to XBMC the following devices:
Arduino LCD KeyPad Shield (SKU: DFR0009) - http://www.dfrobot.com/wiki/index.php?ti...:_DFR0009)

This screen is connected to the Arduino, and then via USB cable to XBMC. What settings to use in LCDprocd.conf? Huge request to help! Thanks in advance!
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC LCDproc Python addon2