• 6(current)
Release XBMC LCDproc Python addon
Well after I set the serverscreen and lcd.xml file up the LCD is now working properly, but the system seems to be very unstable.

XBMC is freezing up when I stop a video. Even when I log into putty and force a reboot the system hangs while shutting down and then the remote does not work unless I reboot a 2nd time.

I am thinking of just reinstalling xbmcbuntu, although these problems only started when attempting to get the LCD to work.
(2013-02-09, 02:49)raidflex Wrote: Well after I set the serverscreen and lcd.xml file up the LCD is now working properly, but the system seems to be very unstable.

XBMC is freezing up when I stop a video. Even when I log into putty and force a reboot the system hangs while shutting down and then the remote does not work unless I reboot a 2nd time.
Hrm.. As this seems reproducible, please provide a debug log (set <loglevel> at least to 1 in advancedsettings.xml, then restart XBMC, then do whatever is neccessary to reproduce the problem) and put it up on pastebin.com or so - I'll take a look for problems relating to the script.

Thanks,
nst

script.xbmc.lcdproc!
Leia+VAAPI+HD-Audio+LCDproc addon,TVHeadend-master/DVB-C/T2+pvr.tvh addon on Ubuntu 18.04 (amd64)
(2013-02-09, 12:44)herrnst Wrote:
(2013-02-09, 02:49)raidflex Wrote: Well after I set the serverscreen and lcd.xml file up the LCD is now working properly, but the system seems to be very unstable.

Hrm.. As this seems reproducible, please provide a debug log (set <loglevel> at least to 1 in advancedsettings.xml, then restart XBMC, then do whatever is neccessary to reproduce the problem) and put it up on pastebin.com or so - I'll take a look for problems relating to the script.

Thanks,
nst

I did a complete reinstall of xbmcbuntu, but the issues still exist with freezing and also the remote will randomly stop working unless I reboot. I also noticed that the system does not shutdown properly and i have to actually power it off manually.

I have attached two log files. The second is one where the remote has stopped working.

Log 1

Log 2

Also for reference I am using this HowTo, to setup my remote.

Remote Setup

(2013-02-10, 03:34)raidflex Wrote: I did a complete reinstall of xbmcbuntu, but the issues still exist with freezing and also the remote will randomly stop working unless I reboot. I also noticed that the system does not shutdown properly and i have to actually power it off manually.

I have attached two log files. The second is one where the remote has stopped working.

Log 1

Log 2

Also for reference I am using this HowTo, to setup my remote.

Remote Setup
Judging from the two logs, there doesn't appear to be a problem directly related to the LCD addon (in the first log, at the end the shutdown handler is called normally which is triggered by handling xbmc.abortRequest in the processing loop, so no hangs there, also it gets unloaded and the python thread is removed at the end).

Your mention of using "ir-keymap" to "improve" the remote functionality is (for me) a very important pointer, though. As I have the same case/LCD/remote as you, I also once stumbled over the recommendation of using ir-keymap. However, after installing the package, lots of funny things started to happen regarding my remote, and it seems to interfere with the LCD functionality somehow.

So, please try to remove everything regarding the ir-keymap things (according to the howto, that is the entry in rc.local), and fully uninstall the package ("apt-get --purge remove ir-keymap"). You might experience the remote behaving a bit different, but in general it should work better, and key mapping can still be fixed using Lircmap.xml. For me, setting it up like this, it works flawless.

HTH,
nst
script.xbmc.lcdproc!
Leia+VAAPI+HD-Audio+LCDproc addon,TVHeadend-master/DVB-C/T2+pvr.tvh addon on Ubuntu 18.04 (amd64)
Well originally I used that howto because I could not get my remote to function at all with lirc. The computer would not even recognize any responses in irw.

Can you direct me to the best way to setup lirc for my particular case, since you have the same one. Thanks.
It should be sufficient to set up your /etc/lirc/hardware.conf like this, and your /etc/lirc/lircd.conf like this. A restart of lircd is of course neccessary after adjusting the files. After that, at least the imon remote (the one delivered with the case) should work, I personally use it with a Logitech Harmony 300.
script.xbmc.lcdproc!
Thanks for the help I was able to get everything working properly. Only thing left I need to setup is the keymap, because not all keys work. Is there a good reference for harmony remotes and the imon setup, or do I just need to manually setup all the keymaps?
This Lircmap.xml should make all buttons on the iMON remote work. However (as always), YMMD Wink
script.xbmc.lcdproc!
I have set the onexit to blank the display and turned on dim display in the add-on settings, but the LCD stays on displaying the time.

Also hitting power off on my harmony remote brings up the shutdown menu. Is there a way to set xbmc to just power down when I hit all off on the harmony remote, instead of the menu coming up?
(2013-02-11, 01:15)raidflex Wrote: I have set the onexit to blank the display and turned on dim display in the add-on settings, but the LCD stays on displaying the time.
Set "Backlight=on" in the [server] section and "OnExit=2" (not "OnExit=blank", the option requires a numeric value), your display should be blanked and dimmed upon LCDd shutdown then. If you use Suspend/Resume and want the display to dim on suspend, please see this paragraph in the addon wiki.

(2013-02-11, 01:15)raidflex Wrote: Also hitting power off on my harmony remote brings up the shutdown menu. Is there a way to set xbmc to just power down when I hit all off on the harmony remote, instead of the menu coming up?
Try setting "<keymap><global><remote><power>" to "XBMC.PowerDown()" in your $HOME/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/remote.xml. If it doesn't exist, copy it from /usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps/remote.xml to that location, then apply the change.

HTH,
nst
script.xbmc.lcdproc!
(2013-02-11, 19:55)herrnst Wrote:
(2013-02-11, 01:15)raidflex Wrote: I have set the onexit to blank the display and turned on dim display in the add-on settings, but the LCD stays on displaying the time.
Set "Backlight=on" in the [server] section and "OnExit=2" (not "OnExit=blank", the option requires a numeric value), your display should be blanked and dimmed upon LCDd shutdown then. If you use Suspend/Resume and want the display to dim on suspend, please see this paragraph in the addon wiki.

(2013-02-11, 01:15)raidflex Wrote: Also hitting power off on my harmony remote brings up the shutdown menu. Is there a way to set xbmc to just power down when I hit all off on the harmony remote, instead of the menu coming up?
Try setting "<keymap><global><remote><power>" to "XBMC.PowerDown()" in your $HOME/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/remote.xml. If it doesn't exist, copy it from /usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps/remote.xml to that location, then apply the change.

HTH,
nst

Its working now. I had "onexit" set to 2 already but forgot to uncomment the line, so that explains that issue. Also the power command worked with remote.xml. Thanks for all the help, its great to get the system working on xbmcbuntu instead of Windows 7.

I still find there to be some stability issues, like rebooting will sometimes hang the system. But otherwise all is well.
The freezing seems to be related to the LCD. I noticed after numerous reboots that when I hit reboot within XBMC and the LCD backlight powers off that the system will reboot normally. But when the system does not reboot properly the XBMC screen with the white dots stays on and also the LCD is still lit up displaying the server information and XMBC just hangs. I cannot even use ctrl-alt-f1 to bring up terminal, because no button presses are registered.
You should check your xbmc.log (with <loglevel>1</loglevel>, that is) when that happens, and if it happens if you find something like "XBMC LCDproc: Shutting down" followed by "unloading/destroying python threads / script.xbmc.lcdproc". If that's the case, there's probably something else causing issues, which are out of scope of LCDproc and the LCD addon.
script.xbmc.lcdproc!
(2013-02-11, 23:48)herrnst Wrote: You should check your xbmc.log (with <loglevel>1</loglevel>, that is) when that happens, and if it happens if you find something like "XBMC LCDproc: Shutting down" followed by "unloading/destroying python threads / script.xbmc.lcdproc". If that's the case, there's probably something else causing issues, which are out of scope of LCDproc and the LCD addon.

I will check the logs. I'm not sure what else it could be, I did a clean install of xbmcbuntu and just setup the remote, LCD, connected the system to my mysql database and thats it.
Here is my current log.

Log
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC LCDproc Python addon2