Win Run XBMC on Win7 on ESXi
Hi,

I'm running an ESXi server which hosts unraid and a windows virtual machine for other web servers etc. I connect these all to a Pi running Raspbmc and sync libraries via MySQL so builds are important to me.

The Pi runs Frodo and therefore has depreciated the http api. This causes me a problem because when sickbeard finishes a download it can no longer auto update the library. "So run auto library update on the Pi". No - it's not powerful to do that without waiting 10 mins everytime.

So I thought I'll just run the latest dev build on Windows under the VM on ESXi. Trouble is, xbmc doesn't work with the default VGA driver and thusly, I cannot run xbmc in VM.

Please can somebody give me a method to run the night lies under ESXI? If this means running another VM on xbmcbuntu or whatever I'm all ears.

Thanks.
Asus P8H77-V LE, BIOS 0237 | Intel i5 3470 3.2ghz | 8GB RAM | TX750W Corsair PSU | 60GB OCZ SSD | 500GB data drive
bump.
I'm looking to do this as well. Anyone get this to work?
There was a thread a while back about running multiple instances of XBMC on ESX using device passthru to assign a dedicated video card to each instance. You might try searching for that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Run XBMC on Win7 on ESXi0