Eden basics
Big Grin 
So Im browsing through the FAQs WIndows Specific wiki and I see that the current stable version is 11.0 known as "Eden" correct? Does Eden offer all of the features that I keep hearing about such as scraping and fan art and organizing shows by season etc?

Also, when I DL Eden and I get a library of shows and movies going, when I press play does it give me an option of how I want to "play" the movie...I assume it comes with its own DvD player? What does it use out of the box to play the DvDs? If I didn't want to use the out of the box player, can I use a third party player like windows media, vlc, etc? And if I use the third party player will this affect me being able to use a remote control?

Also a very noob question. My PC and TV both play HD obviously...up to 720 for sure and 1080 on my PC but Idk if the TV can play 1080, if I download a movie that is a blu ray like a blu ray "rip" of a dvd...can I support this and actually view blu ray quality? My tv doesnt have a built in blu ray or anything and I dont own a blu ray player...it is HD though. So Im wondering if its worth my time to download blu ray dvdrips.

Thanks a lot guys.
1. Yes Eden supports all features like scraping, fan art, tv show seasons.

2. XBMC by default uses its own player to play media files and disks. But you can use third party applications like vlc, power dvd, tmt5 etc. as external player if you wish so.

3. HD Blu-ray rips will play just fine in your tv even if they are 1080p rips. Connect the PC to TV using hdmi or vga cable. Older PCs can have problems while playing 1080p files.
I take it the XBMC's default media player is just fine...it can play all different types of media files right? Like for instance...torrents come in all different formats. If I did choose to use VLC is it as simple as selecting VLC within the media player or what? And will using 3rd party DVD player affect using a remote ?

Okay so even though my TV holds no "blu ray" indications or it doesnt say anything about being able to play blu ray ...will it just be HD? I mean...if I want to download a movie and it says title.720p.dvdrip or same movie... title.bluray.dvdrip...should I just download the 720p since neither my PC or TV has a blu ray dvd player? Or will the blu ray rip be better picture no matter what when compared ?
XBMC will play all types of media files just like any other media player. Using 3rd party players won't affect remote.

TV does not need blu-ray or dvd player player to play blu-ray or dvd rips or any other media file you download from torrents. XBMC will play and display it on your TV. All you need is connect PC to TV via hdmi. If you want to enjoy 5.1 surround sound, you can add a home theater in the chain.
So just to clarify...if I see the same movie and one is an HDrip and one is a blurayrip, does it really not matter which I select? Bc at this point Im not choosing anything bluray related as I have nothing that supports bluray. unless of course it is a better quality and I should start taking advantage of this?

Yes...audio was my next big concern but I dont even know where to begin with getting audio hooked up to my tv while my tv plays stuff from my PC. Do hdmi cables not support audio?
No it doesn't matter what video format you play. You don't need a blu-ray player or drive for playing blu-ray rips. XBMC will play it from the hard disk.
This seems very basic...but my original plan was to purchase an external hard drive and to store the movies on there. However, I began thinking and...once I unplug the external HD (containing all the movies) wont the media center no longer recognize my movie collection since technically they will only be on my computer when the external HD is plugged in? I mean...lets say I have 50 movies..and I use features to scrap them and get cool looking fan art etc, but then when i disconnect that external wouldn't all of this be lost as my movie library will be gone until i replug it back in? Or would I have to wait every time for the media center to recognize everything every time I plug the external (containing my movie library) back in?

Thanks
Even if you remove the external HDD, xbmc will show the album art and other information since these and the library are stored in the system drive and not in the external hdd. I suggest you to try xbmc first and ask questions if you face any problems.
Okay, so lets say I have a decent library of 250 movies...i load them into xbmc and it retains all the info about the movies like album art etc...but I cant play these movies unless the hdd is plugged in correct? So...when I do want to play these movies will it take forever to load my entire library of movies/tv shows or is it pretty simple/fast? So I take it xbmc holds onto all the data and settings I load into it..but if i plug in an external hdd im just wondering if it will take forever to load/recognize etc.

Thanks
XBMC will not take any time loading details from external hdd. The moment the hdd is connected and recognized, you can start playback of media files. This is because all the details are already stored in the library of your C drive and no rescan is required. Without hdd, xbmc will not play the movie and it will show a file not found alert.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eden basics0