Nightly frodo crash when using xbmc subtitle the second time
Im using nightly frodo with the latest(git) xbmc subtitle. the first time i use xbmc subtitle, xbmc subtitle works. after about an hour of watching tv show, i use xbmc subtitle to search for next tv show episode subtitle. xbmc crash after i click xbmc subtitle from the osd.

here are my log

thanks.
am i the only one experiencing crash?

thanks.
For me don't crash but I only can download english subs
I have the same problem with the latest Monthly snapshot (October?).

Will DL and install latest Nightly and test it again ...
I have the same problem. This has started recently for me. I tried to go back to the oldest available oct 24th the issue is still there. I get this issue when I try to access "tv show next aired", subtitles and then from favorites if I open Navi-x addon. Otherwise seems to be stable.

I am on win7 64 bit and latest Frodo 11/12/2012.

@publicENEMY are you on win 7? If so did you recently do a windows update? I am thinking it may not be xbmc but the windows update may be causing it. I tried to find something in the logs but I find nothing when it crashes.
Intel® Quad Core i5 Sandybridge @3.40GHz | ASRock Z775 Mobo 8GB DDR3 Ram | Logitech K400 Keyboard |
| Logitec Harmony 550 Remote| 46' Samsung LCD TV | Onkyo TX-S605 w/ Bose 5.1 Surround
(2012-11-14, 06:42)hunkyn Wrote: I am on win7 64 bit and latest Frodo 11/12/2012.

I'm on Apple TV 2:nd Gen so I do not think this is a Win problem.

For me the problems went away with the latest Nightly build. I have other problems with subtitles search but that is a topic for another thread.

Ok then we can rule out the windows issue. I still have the issues with the 11/12 i will try updating to 11/13 tonight and see if that fixes the issue.
Intel® Quad Core i5 Sandybridge @3.40GHz | ASRock Z775 Mobo 8GB DDR3 Ram | Logitech K400 Keyboard |
| Logitec Harmony 550 Remote| 46' Samsung LCD TV | Onkyo TX-S605 w/ Bose 5.1 Surround
(2012-11-14, 20:49)hunkyn Wrote: Ok then we can rule out the windows issue. I still have the issues with the 11/12 i will try updating to 11/13 tonight and see if that fixes the issue.

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the windows possibility. I would like to have logs from everybody experiencing crashes or hangs (please people with other symptoms use other threads).

I, myself, am having xbmc hangs every time I enter the TV Shows view for the second time in this secuence:
From main menu Enter TV Shows-> navigate to the show I want to watch-> select and watch episode-> search subtitles-> end episode->back to main menu-> Enter TV Shows again -> HANG.

If I just go back to the list of series (pressing back and not scape) and select a second episode to watch I have no issue.

At the moment I'm 70% sure it's not a xbmc subtitles addon issue, but more probably some xbmc general issue (memory leak?). I'd like to confirm if your trouble is the same...

Please test on latest nightly and be sure to user latest frodo-pre (not eden) xbmc subtitles (frodo repository will do).

AND PLEASE POST FULL DEBUG LOGS. Not just parts of it.
Always read the XBMC Online Manual,Frequently Asked Questions and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting use -> Log file.

I actually have the same issue, but I will not be around my htpc in the coming hours to post the debug log. I just wanted to add that xbmc tells me that 'directx is not up to date, please check log'.
It is important to notice that I only get the directx error when I open a second episode and that only than xbmc crashes when looking for subtitles.
I've got this problem as well after the subtitles addon update to 3.9.0 on frodo beta 1
I see no logs... we cant help without it ... @@#$%^& Angry
(2012-11-20, 18:52)amet Wrote: I see no logs... we cant help without it ... @@#$%^& Angry

For some reason xbmc doesnt generate a crash log when it crashes like this... i really dont know why. What i can tell you is that it never crashes on a xbmc fresh start, i tryed to load the addon opening like 30 episodes in a row and looking subs for them, not a problem; then i left xbmc idling for like 3 hours, i came back and... first episode i launch and look for subs, xbmc crashes. My guess is that you were right suspecting an xbmc memory leak rather then a subtitle addon problem itself, but how can we solve it? why does it get triggered when we call the sub addon? and most of all... why it doesnt generate a crash log? beats me!
I did a lot of tests to sort this out and i finally found out the cause of the leeking that led to the subtitles addon crashing after some time was the slideshow screensaver; i've been using "black" for 3 days now and not a single problem so far. This problem is still present in frodo beta3.
(2012-12-09, 20:52)cyberrage Wrote: I did a lot of tests to sort this out and i finally found out the cause of the leeking that led to the subtitles addon crashing after some time was the slideshow screensaver; i've been using "black" for 3 days now and not a single problem so far. This problem is still present in frodo beta3.

tell us more... what screen saver?
(2012-12-09, 21:51)amet Wrote: tell us more... what screen saver?

Slideshow 0.0.2 taken from the official xbmc frodo repository. If you let it go for some time it causes a memory leak that leads to mulfunctioning of the subtitles addon with the following effects: 1) if you are playing a video file and call for subs addon it makes xbmc crash right away 2) if you open a video file already subbed (both locally or embedded into the mkv) the subs loose their formatting, every line starts with a "," etc.

If you use "Dim" or "Black" screensaver this doesnt happen, even after hours of idling; only using "Slideshow".

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nightly frodo crash when using xbmc subtitle the second time0