Very slow starting of XBMC, WMP and others
Hi

This is a problem i've had once or twice before, in which cases i ended up formatting cause i couldn't find another solution. I really dont wanna go through a clean install, so i turn to you techies in desperation Wink

Up till last week, everything was running smoothly, no problems. One day, XBMC starts taking up to 10 minutes before getting past the Eden 11.0 splash screen. I shut it down and restart the application/computer a few times, not solving the problem. I tried updated builds and newer videodrivers, not solving the problem.

Then, i notice that other programs such as Windows Media Player and Plex suffer from the same problem. Taking 5-10 minutes to reach operational status, then everything is fine. At the same time, BSplayer runs everything without problems, instantly.

In the days before getting the problem, i've not made significant changes to my system. No driver updates, no windows updates, so i'm baffled about what it could be. Why do certain media applications suffer, and others dont?

Also, i can access the media content from my tablet without problems, so it's purely a problem with the opening/displaying of the programs/files on my Windows 7 computer itself.

Thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions.
Enable debug log (wiki)ging in XBMC; exit XBMC; restart XBMC and wait for it to startup; exit XBMC, locate your debug log (wiki) (xbmc.log) and review it to see what's causing the delay. If you also want others to review your log for clues, upload the contents of your log to www.pastebin.com or www.xbmclogs.com and post the assigned URL link for your uploaded log here with your reply.
alrighty, log available here : http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=11822

Looks mostly like chinese to me :p
tiny bump, where's those savvy techies ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Very slow starting of XBMC, WMP and others0