Win 5800k or i3 3225
Question 
I am going to build a htpc as an all in one to store and play blu ray discs and rips and dvd/music. i dont use netflix but will possibly want itv player and bbci player but having said that am also gonna use mediaportal and xbmc again!

Done some reading of late but cant decide over the above mentioned parts or whether to go with discrete gpu, also i see the i3 3225 is becoming harder to source and a little expensive maybe.
I currently have 8 gb lp corsair ram ddr 3 in 2 sticks a tbs 6981 a 2 tb hdd a ocz vertex 2 64gb ssd a corsair psu 650 tx and a blu ray burner all from a system where the mobo and gpu died Sad

So thoughts please?
also 2 prices of say 180 quid and 350 quid so i can get an all round view of whats what Smile

I have a yamaha receiver htr 3063 with hdmi inputs and output so want to bitstream dts hd etc.

Thanks in advance Smile

just too add been looking at the Silverstone Milo ML03 HTPC Case - Black as i currently have a coolermaster sniper which is way to big for its new purpose Smile

just to also add i recently bought a samsung bd e6100 which is about to be returned for a refund as its playing up already and only had it 11 days lol
Go amd fm2 if you have tight buget.
Ml03 is great but remember : no modular psu Smile
(2012-10-31, 12:41)RaggSokk3n Wrote: Go amd fm2 if you have tight buget.
Ml03 is great but remember : no modular psu Smile

Sorry it's cheap and it looks cheap to Nod
Apple fanboys are not welcome! Tongue
Its nice and simple Smile
Mobos are not so easy to come by for the fm2 75 either from the places I use lol
I do hope I don't have any issues with bitstreaming and playback just wondering whether to just make it simples and buy a different blu ray standalone player but not as much fun
(2012-10-31, 16:56)Atomic7431 Wrote: Mobos are not so easy to come by for the fm2 75 either from the places I use lol
I do hope I don't have any issues with bitstreaming and playback just wondering whether to just make it simples and buy a different blu ray standalone player but not as much fun
Whichever CPU in your list you go with, you should be able to bitstream HD audio with ease. For sure, the AMD A10-5800K is more powerful than Intel i3-3225....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Ok thanks a lot for info gonna hopefully get this ordered tonight and then setup for wife wish me luck lol
ok ordered -

Silverstone Milo ML03 HTPC Case
Gigabyte F2A75M-D3H AMD A75 Chipset (Socket FM2)
AMD A10-5800K Black Edition 3.80GHz
Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s x2
(2012-10-31, 21:45)Atomic7431 Wrote: ok ordered -

Silverstone Milo ML03 HTPC Case
Gigabyte F2A75M-D3H AMD A75 Chipset (Socket FM2)
AMD A10-5800K Black Edition 3.80GHz
Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s x2
You'll enjoy it....

once i get it all configured right hey.....

My trouble is i dont know when to stop fiddling lol
ok just been reading more and think i have an issue, i will have 3 3.5" internal hdd and 1 2.5" drive plus a 170mm blu ray and my corsair 650w tx psu is 150 mm and ive now seen in reviews that the psu is too big for the case.... 140mm max size if using an optical drive ?

Can people confirm this and also spec me a not too expensive psu if it needs changing and i do hope i can fit all these hdds, maybe i should buy an external casing for the optical drive?
Cant afford to spend much more really wanted to spend no more Sad

edit - seems a lot recommend this psu - http://www.scan.co.uk/products/400w-silv...tx-v23-psu

edit 2 - this looks good as well - http://www.scan.co.uk/products/icy-box-i...e+shopping
(2012-11-01, 10:53)Atomic7431 Wrote: Cant afford to spend much more really wanted to spend no more Sad

edit - seems a lot recommend this psu - http://www.scan.co.uk/products/400w-silv...tx-v23-psu
This "FSP 80 PLUS Certified 300-Watt Micro ATX/SFX" psu shouldbe the right size....

ordered the Silverstone Strider SST-ST40F-ES 400W Power Supply (PSU) earlier today as was expecting the other goods here tomorrow but now think they been delayed !!!
ok the case i ordered seems to be missing in there warehouse and now need to choose another before 1pm but not sure what to get with similar specs but only from overclockers.co.uk and then it will be here tomorrow so all help appreciated
never mind ordered this - http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduc...092&subcat= will be here tomorrow ive been promised

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
5800k or i3 32250