Windows 8 and A75M-ITX and Power On
So, just like many of you, I own A75M-ITX + A6-3500 HTPC box.

Recently, I upgraded it to Windows 8.

In Windows 7, when I turn the htpc off, it will turn off, and I was able to turn it on by pressing any button on the keyboard.
(This is probably the feature you can turn on/off from BIOS.)

In Windows 8, I realized it uses some other power state when I turn off the pc. So when I press any button on the keyboard while the computer was off, it does not turn on.
I had to go in to the power setting and change the setting so it wont use the fast boot feature.
Then the htpc turned off as normal and I was able to turn on the htpc by pressing any buttons.

Now, here are my questions for you guys.

Is anyone using A75M-ITX + Windows 8? Do you use "Power on by USB Keyboard" feature? If so, do you use it with the new fast boot feature?

I don't really need to, but since I saw that my htpc can turn on like in less than 10 seconds, I kinda want to lol
Hi, did you ever find out if you can use the fast boot feature?
If you enable "Hybrid Sleep", and don't turn off you PC, but put it to sleep, you can wake it up using the keyboard.
The "Hybrid Sleep" is a state where the current state of windows is saved to your harddrive, and everything is shut down to a minimum of power usage.
This also works with the fast boot feature..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 8 and A75M-ITX and Power On0