Mini-ITX case options
(2012-11-16, 15:38)taurose Wrote: Thanks for the reply. Just received my picopsu 160-XT (the price difference between this one and the picopsu 120 is small here) and it works fine so far with the 120W AC adapter that came with the e-i7.
I'm wondering though if I'm putting the picopsu at risk with an underpowered AC adapter. There's little info in the internet about the model (WT1201000). Only site I could find is this http://translate.google.com/translate?js...06&bid=783

That is great it's working for you. Pictures? Smile

These kinds of DC-DC and AC adapter power supplies are sold in these combinations all the time. The Realan/Habey cases are all 120W DC powerboards and come with 60W or 84W from the manufacturer. You can also find picoPSUs sold that way with a smaller AC adapter than the DC powerboard is rated for. In my experience with both the Realan powerboards and picoPSU I've never seen a problem with it. I think the DC powerboard rating is meant to be a maximum output.

BTW, I have 2 12V 180W AC adapters that are European voltage (220V) that were accidentally sent to me instead of the US version. If anyone overseas is interested I'd send them if you cover the shipping/handling costs. I don't want them to go to waste. PM me.
(2012-11-16, 15:38)taurose Wrote:
(2012-11-11, 05:53)bluray Wrote:
(2012-11-11, 05:26)taurose Wrote: Yeah, well, I'd really like to stick to that i7 case. Do you consider a 120W picopsu a proper PSU?
i7 is a very nice case indeed. In my opinion, it is designed for low power dual-core CPU. For a 65W APU, 120W DC-DC converter (Pico) should be enough. The Pico that you and Dougie had issue with could have been related to a weak Pico. Not all DC-DC converters built with the same conponent and quality......

The two Pico I preferred to have in my next AMD A6-5400K HTPC are these two- picoPSU-150-XT + 150W Adapter Power Kit and picoPSU-160-XT + 192W Adapter Power Kit.....I don't like to mess around with boarderline Pico, and it'll give me some room to upgrade too...

Thanks for the reply. Just received my picopsu 160-XT (the price difference between this one and the picopsu 120 is small here) and it works fine so far with the 120W AC adapter that came with the e-i7.
I'm wondering though if I'm putting the picopsu at risk with an underpowered AC adapter. There's little info in the internet about the model (WT1201000). Only site I could find is this http://translate.google.com/translate?js...06&bid=783
No, it wouldn't put Pico (DC-DC) converter at risk by using lower AC-DC converter. As long as AC-DC converter is the same 12V requirement as DC-DC converter, you should be fine. It just mean that your HTPC cannot pull more than 10 amps. If it peak more than 10 amps, it will shut down......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-11-07, 18:38)Dougie Fresh Wrote: Yes, you'd have to import it from the USA. UK or Germany if you want the E-Ix series. I know from the USA it's $49 to ship to Europe.

I don't have any experience with the E-3002. What you say about the E-Q6 is true. The E-Ix do a better job of cooling with the top ventilation.

I've been waiting for this Big Grin.
I hope it won't take too long for it to reach the stores here in NL.
(2012-12-19, 20:18)Snippo Wrote:
(2012-11-07, 18:38)Dougie Fresh Wrote: Yes, you'd have to import it from the USA. UK or Germany if you want the E-Ix series. I know from the USA it's $49 to ship to Europe.

I don't have any experience with the E-3002. What you say about the E-Q6 is true. The E-Ix do a better job of cooling with the top ventilation.

I've been waiting for this Big Grin.
I hope it won't take too long for it to reach the stores here in NL.

Fantastic Nod
The ones from the USA are better Wink.
Hello, if i buy e-i5 case with 84w, i can use a Intel i3 without any problems? Tks
(2013-07-19, 09:38)vitorpfn Wrote: Hello, if i buy e-i5 case with 84w, i can use a Intel i3 without any problems? Tks

Yes, with our i3 barebones we ship the 84W AC adapter. The i3-3225 maxes out around 70W but most of the time is using 30-40W, according to our testing with a Kill-a-Watt.

If you go with the i3-3240 + ASUS P8H77-I from your other post you'll also need a low-profile heatsink/fan. My favorite is the Dynatron T459 but if that's not available to you (not sure where you are located) I can make other recommendations (Silverstone NT07-1156, etc.)
(2013-07-19, 17:05)Dougie Fresh Wrote:
(2013-07-19, 09:38)vitorpfn Wrote: Hello, if i buy e-i5 case with 84w, i can use a Intel i3 without any problems? Tks

Yes, with our i3 barebones we ship the 84W AC adapter. The i3-3225 maxes out around 70W but most of the time is using 30-40W, according to our testing with a Kill-a-Watt.

If you go with the i3-3240 + ASUS P8H77-I from your other post you'll also need a low-profile heatsink/fan. My favorite is the Dynatron T459 but if that's not available to you (not sure where you are located) I can make other recommendations (Silverstone NT07-1156, etc.)

Thanks for your reply! I need to find a seller of Realan e-i5 case in Europe. I am from Portugal. Thanks
Anyone knows a website in europe to order Realan E-i5 case?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mini-ITX case options0