My new toy for the living room?!
Hello,
i want to build a new HTPC.
He should be able to:
- Play Bluray`s, 1080p
- Rip Bluray`s
- playing some videosgames (instead of PS3 or Xbox - like Assasins Creed oder Batman etc...)
- playing some Wii games with Dolphin Emulater

He should:
- boot fast
- be quiet

What do you think about this:

CPU: AMD A10-5800K Accelerated Processor
crossfiring a
GPU: SAPPHIRE HD6670 ULTIMATE
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-F2A75-D3H
PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L7 530W
SSD: ADATA S510 2,5" SSD 120 GB
BD: LG BH10LS38
RAM: G.Skill DIMM 8 GB DDR3-1866 Kit
CASE: INTER-TECH HTPC 2008V

I also search for a quiet CPU fan for FM2.

What do you think about this?

Thanks!
low power i3 3220 +7750 lp 200$
high performance i5 2500k + 7750 lp 220$

don't buy a apu if you're not gonna use it - a lot of people would slap you for that.
Why not? Tongue I think its a good combination for my intention. ;-) quiet and fast! =)
You have an APU listed - which has a GPU already. Then you have a HD 6670 listed. Redundant. The APU has an HD 7xxx inside already!
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
I hear the i3 is much quieter than the A10. A10 is rated at 100W TDP whereas i3 is 55W. Plus, intel stock fans tend to be quiter than amd stock fans.

Now, A10 without the discrete card would probably be quieter than an i3 with the discrete

But since you are already going to be using a discrete anyway, I think it makes more sense to go with an i3.

I'd say go with the i3 and 7750 and you probably won't need an aftermarket cooler either
Crossfire! Or is an A10 enough for my Projekt.(especially for gaming parts)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQtC9YvABEY
a single 7750 will do the trick - runs all the newest games on full HD. crossfire won't be necessary.
a10 could be good enough but if ac3 in full HD etc is on your list 7750 + i3/i5 is the way to go.
Intel G2120+AMD HD7750 might be the cheapest and the lowest power consumption of all the latest CPU for gaming......
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Just be aware that emulators such as dolphin and pcsx2 are highly dependant on cpu speeds and not so much gpu. If playing wii games is a big deal for you get the most powerful cpu you can afford.
(2012-11-01, 01:43)teeedubb Wrote: Just be aware that emulators such as dolphin and pcsx2 are highly dependant on cpu speeds and not so much gpu. If playing wii games is a big deal for you get the most powerful cpu you can afford.

correct, sandy i5 2500 would be best if he would get a good price Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My new toy for the living room?!0