WIP Continuum
I decided to take up skinning and am just beginning a new one, mainly for my own personal use. I figured I would post some screenshots of what I have on here for some feedback and to see if anyone would be interested in it. If so, I'd be more than happy to share it Smile

I'm going for a minimalist look and practicality. It's kind of inspired by the cover of the album Continuum, mainly because I like the color scheme of it.

Also, Hitcher, if you see this, a special thanks to you for Foundation. It's made learning how to make skins incredibly easier so far.

Cheers.

Interest here looks clean
Looking good. First thing I'd change...the font. Scratchy as hell. Don't know how you can even read that Tongue
Looks great. Nice minimalistic look.
(2012-10-31, 23:28)Vaikin Wrote: Looking good. First thing I'd change...the font. Scratchy as hell. Don't know how you can even read that Tongue

Yeah, I think this is just because those images didn't scale down too well. Here's a link to a full-size one.

http://i.imgur.com/nNqX0.png

(2012-10-31, 23:36)whatuptrey Wrote:
(2012-10-31, 23:28)Vaikin Wrote: Looking good. First thing I'd change...the font. Scratchy as hell. Don't know how you can even read that Tongue

Yeah, I think this is just because those images didn't scale down too well. Here's a link to a full-size one.

It's not the size, it's the weight of the font. Unfortunately a lot of light fonts don't scale very well, this one in particular is really condensed and jaggy. If it's available use a semi-light version, or just go straight to regular. I don't think it will compromise your design, which is looking pretty cool at the moment.
(2012-10-31, 23:51)Stranger Wrote:
(2012-10-31, 23:36)whatuptrey Wrote:

It's not the size, it's the weight of the font. Unfortunately a lot of light fonts don't scale very well, this one in particular is really condensed and jaggy. If it's available use a semi-light version, or just go straight to regular. I don't think it will compromise your design, which is looking pretty cool at the moment.

Will play around with it. Thanks!
Nice!! cant wait for this bad boy
Looks nice and minimalistic
yip looks great
Love it. And FWIW, I really like the font choice. Obviously it's a "to each his own" sort of thing, so maybe you could just let the user decide between 2 or 3 font choices. Just my $.02.
I like this. It show all the info I need and it's simple, minimalistic, but I agree with previous comments about font.. it needs to be different, more bold, bolder? Big Grin
I would absolutely love to give this a go! Big Grin I have found it very hard to find a skin that blends between thumbnail and fan-art without overpowering one or the other but this is perfect!
Looking very good, really like the clean minimal layout. As other have said though the font could do with being bolder, keep up the good work!
looks fantastic. I really hope you complete this

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Continuum13