Win Black/blank screen until Windows loads...??
Hey guys,

When I power on my A75m-ITX // A6-3500 build, the screen is blank until Windows loads.

I can get into bios etc, by pressing DEL, but I can't see anything...

No splash screens etc

On a previous install of Win 7 I had been messing around with changing the boot screen. Now I can't get anything to show up, after reformating and a clean install...

Please help!

Owen
Sounds like you may have disabled the splash screen in the bios settings and/or enabled fast boot. I would take a look at both of those settings.
You can also set the Bios to Factory Setting. This would undo changes that you're unsure about.
Splash Screen is enabled in BIOS.

I'm not finding any info about how to enable/disable FASTBOOT on my system...
You might have selected No Gui Boot during bootup. You can find it in Windows 7 by presss START-->type MSCONFIG in search box-->press BOOT and un-check No Gui Boot/reboot PC.....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Tried all these ideas. Thanks.

I think this is likely a faulty MB.

Callkng ASRock for to troubleshoot
Good luck. Please post what the final resoltion ends up being.
It might help me or someone else in the future.
So after speaking with ASRock tech support, they said that they CAN replace the motherboard if I want, but that this is an isolated issue and not the sign of any other problems.

Sometimes their boards don't like outputting the splash screen over HDMI to TV Displays...

Thoughts on whether I should replace?
I am running 3 ASrock boards and they all show the bios splash screen over HDMI.

David
HTPC1: Intel Pentium G620, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6570, Samsung 830 SSD, Silverstone GD05 case.
HTPC2: AMD Athlon II X2 255, 4GB RAM, AMD HD5450, Western Digital HDD, Silverstone ML03 case.
HTPC3: AMD E350, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6310, OCZ Agility 3 SSD, Akasa Crypto case.
Media Server: i3-3220, 8gb RAM, WHS 2011, 8tb capacity, Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 case.
(2012-11-01, 18:57)newoski Wrote: So after speaking with ASRock tech support, they said that they CAN replace the motherboard if I want, but that this is an isolated issue and not the sign of any other problems.

Sometimes their boards don't like outputting the splash screen over HDMI to TV Displays...

Thoughts on whether I should replace?

Problems are pack animals - get it replaced..
^^^^^^ Nice,...I'm going to use that quote,....and I agree.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Black/blank screen until Windows loads...??0