Hardware for always on setup
Hey everyone

For years now I have been trying to get to a stable setup, but with every hardware combo I tried I always had issues with windows 7 stability (come to use it and it's non responsive) and hdmi display syncing (come to use it and resolution is messed up)

So I went to a server client set up using windows home server which has been rock solid, and a variety of apple based clients on openelec and xbmcbuntu. That's fine for most things but thye are choking on high bitrate mkv's, even the atv1 wih Broadcom 970015.

So I want to either upgrade the client - either a fusion based pulseseight machine or a 1155/g530 setup.

But before I splash the cash, as whs has been so reliable, I'm thinking of using that as the client downstairs too, as it's by my tv already. But I just know I will have display issues... It's a 1155 i3-2100 with integrated graphics. More than enough for xbmc. But I need something that will work evey time I turn the tv on, xbmc is ready to go with no reboots and no resolution issues.

Does anyone have an always on setup with hdmi that works flawlessly? If so what gpu are you using?

Thanks!
Oh, and my setup is hdmi to an onkyo txnr3007 receiver onto a Panasonic tv. I was thinking of getting a hdmi-cec adapter so the server can be controlled from inside the cupboard.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hardware for always on setup0