Channel changing using UP/DOWN
Was wondering if it would be possible to be able implement an option to use SELECT (Enter, Ok etc...) to initiate the channel change after cycling Up or Down instead of a time delay. While the time delay is good, I like to give myself quite a bit of time to read OSD info before I decide to change the channel... sometimes even 2sec isn't enough, sometimes it's too much. Being in control of this would eliminate the problem.

Cheers guys,
Loggio.

go to "System -> LiveTV -> Playback" and uncheck "Switch channel without pressing OK". I think this should be what you want.
no that's incorrect...
i actually have no idea what that setting does or is suppose to do... I can't seem to figure it out. But it certainly doesn't do what i would like it to.

Cheers,

Loggio.
You want to change channel after pressing OK for example as i understand?
That's exatly what this setting does. If it doesn't work you have wrong setting there.
It should be disabled and not enabled.

Intel Core i5 2320 8GB 500GB HDD - Tvheadend + Kodi, Raspberry Pi 3 - LibreELEC, HDHomeRun HDHR3-4DC, Epson TW3200, Pioneer VSX-1123
Btw - this setting should be changed from it's negated state to "Confirm channel switchs by pressing OK" - will discuss this with the rest of the team.
I agree that would be better.

Intel Core i5 2320 8GB 500GB HDD - Tvheadend + Kodi, Raspberry Pi 3 - LibreELEC, HDHomeRun HDHR3-4DC, Epson TW3200, Pioneer VSX-1123
If I'm watching a channel (on windows) and push UP or DOWN, the channel changes...regardless of wether I have that function enabled or disabled. It's always done this...

If it magically works for you, please I really really would like to know what I'm doing wrong... Lol

Am I missing something here??

Cheers guys.
Maybe i just selected the channel in channellist when i tried that option.
I'll try it again later and see if's same here. Maybe something has happened lately so it's broken.

just had a chat with dushmaniac/opdenkamp - the "press ok to switch" thingy currently only applies if you input the channel number numeric - not for channel up/down. For this only the delay can be defined.
Ohhhh I see...

Well, there ya go! Lol... So I guess, question now being... Is it possible to add this feature?
Should not be so hard but i guess there is a lot of other things that have higher priority right now.

I have to second this suggestion. Would be really helpful, as on my other devices (SAT Receiver, DVB-Viewer) the way of channel changing is handled exactly this way, so it would be really cool to have the same experience on XBMC.
So thanks for any effort to implement this feature
+1
Guide to building an all in one Ubuntu Server - TV(vdr),File,Music,Web

Server Fractal Designs Define XL, Asus P5QL/EPU, Dual Core E5200, 4gb, L4M-Twin S2 v6.2, Supermicro AOC-USAS-L8I, 1*SSD & 13*HDD drives (24TB total) - Ubuntu Server
XBMC 1 ASRock Z77E-ITX, G850, 8GB RAM, SSD, BD - Ubuntu / OpenElec frodo
XBMC 2 Revo 3700 - OpenElec frodo
XBMC 3 Raspb Pi
maybe we can discuss here which options we need for this. Do you think we should add an extra setting for it so that you can change the behavior for numeric input and up/down separately? Or do you think one setting to toggle all? Or maybe a dropdown with different options, like:

Confirm channel switch by pressing OK:
- disabled
- on numeric input
- on channel up/down
- always

What would you think/prefer?
Your suggestion sounds good for me.
Should work for everyone.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Channel changing using UP/DOWN0