• 1(current)
[Mini-ITX] A6-5400K + Radeon HD 7540D
Smile If you feel like thanking me for my work, you can DONATE --> Here Smile

[CASE] Antec ISK 300-150 mini-ITX ($83 + $0)
[APU] AMD A6-5400K 2x3.6Ghz (3.8GHz Turbo) FM2 65W + Radeon HD 7540D ($75 + $0)
[COOLER] Scythe SCBSK-2100 TDP:130W Fan:120mm Height:58mm ($43 + $0)
[MOBO] ASRock FM2A75M-ITX FM2 HDMI USB3.0 SATA-III S/PDIF UEFI mini-ITX ($90 + $7)
[RAM] Kingston HyperX Plug and Play 4GB (2x2GB) 240-pin DDR3 1866MHz CL11 1.5V ($28 + $0)
[SSD] SAMSUNG 830 SATA-III 64GB 2.5" TRIM Read:520MB/s Write:160MB/s ($75 + $0)
[PSU] picoPSU-90 + 12V 7.5A 90W Power Brick ($55 + $0)
TOTAL: $456

** Special thanks to Beer40oz's A6-PACK **

What's left to know?
* 3D 1080P Ready!!
* Can bitstream TRUE-HD & DTS-HD MA!!
* No built-in WiFi
* Gigabit Networking Ready!!
* NETFLIX 1080P Ready!! (Windows only)
* Flash 1080P (HULU, YOUTUBE) Ready!!
* Slim Optical Disc Drive only
IMHO, $138 is a lot to pay for the case portion of that build and to also have to DIY swap out out the PSU. Why not get a nicer case that comes with a good PSU?
(2012-11-02, 14:49)Dougie Fresh Wrote: IMHO, $138 is a lot to pay for the case portion of that build and to also have to DIY swap out out the PSU. Why not get a nicer case that comes with a good PSU?

Dougie: Where do you see the case for $138? I see $83,..and it looks pretty nice.
$83 for the case + $55 to replace the 150W PSU with a picoPSU = $138.
hi dougie, if you dont replace the stock PSU,
Big Shuriken cooler wont fit.

(2012-11-02, 14:49)Dougie Fresh Wrote: Why not get a nicer case that comes with a good PSU?

nicer case depends on each and everyone's taste.
to me the ANTEC ISK300 is one the best miniITX cases out there.

also, i like to pick my own parts and not rely on stock ones.

you can keep the default CPU Cooler and default PSU and cut $98 off of the total price but,
its just not my way. for me, its not about being super extreme cheap anymore.

i had my share of problems with a stock ANTEC noisy PSU which can't be changed as its proprietary format.

(2012-11-02, 15:10)GortWillSaveUs Wrote: it looks pretty nice.

thanks, i agree Tongue
again, special thanks to Beer40oz's A6-PACK!!
I love the ANTEC ISK300 case... great cooling and it's big enough for a good cooler and small to fit in the right place. I believe and many of us who own it think it's such a great case. Big Grin

Everyone does have a different taste. We all saw that the 300-65 was out of stock for a while after I did the A6-PACK build. Smile

Thank you for the props... and who every builds the Trinity or the Llano will be very happy.

This is just a guide of what can be done..... we can all swap different parts... make it your own!

It's true you can make this build cheaper... keep the 300-150 psu and the stock cooler. Wink

But if you get the 300-65 case that PSU is nasty.... you must get rid of it (unless they fixed it)......... Tongue

Oh and ram Crucial Ballistix 1866 are FTW! they play better in the bios on asrock from what I tested.
(2012-11-02, 23:13)Beer40oz Wrote: I love the ANTEC ISK300 case... great cooling and it's big enough for a good cooler and small to fit in the right place. I believe and many of us who own it think it's such a great case. Big Grin

Everyone does have a different taste. We all saw that the 300-65 was out of stock for a while after I did the A6-PACK build. Smile

Once you've held the E-i7 in your hands, cast your eyes upon the shiny "wiredrawing aluminum" with "diamond knife shine out excellence", you can never go back Smile,
I'm planning to build the same but with a 2TB Hard drive in the case together with the SSD. For this I'll use this case:
http://www.streacom.com/products/f7c-evo-chassis/
With this cooler or else the HDD won't fit in the case. It's a 1U Cooler Height (28mm):
http://www.gelidsolutions.com/products/i...d=80&tab=3
I thought of buying a PicoPSU 150XT with 120 watt adapter (will be adding a bluray slot-in drive later)
And an extra silent case fan:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6835608006
It will cost about 120 dollar extra but with the 2 TB HDD I won't need a NAS the first year.

I have that Noctua fan in my Wesena ITX-6 case and its just about silent so its a great fan.
would all of that fit in this?

http://www.ecosmartpc.com/ht80.html

Also if so is the power supply that comes with it ok?
The Big Shuriken cooler will not fit in the HT80, but everything else will and the power supply should be just fine at only 6W less than the recommended 90W picoPSU.

This CPU cooler can be used instead:
Gelid Solutions Slim Silent A-Plus AMD Low Profile CPU Cooler
where can i find good slot load bluray

Also will that cooler cool it plenty? And if im going to have bluetooth and the bluray player should i upgrade the psu?
The best blu-ray for that case given where the manual eject hole is, is the Sony BC-5600S. These can usually be found on eBay.

The cooler works well for the A6-3500 and the A6-5400K is supposed to run cooler and with less power consumption so it should do fine. However, I have not personally tested it. The HT80 comes with a 50mm case fan (which I think runs too loud) but getting a quieter 50mm fan would cost < $10 if you find it running too hot. Expect that with such a small case it will run warm -- that's the tradeoff for size.

The internal power supply is 120W so you could upgrade the AC adapter to 120W. The options is available on the HT80 product page.

Excellent thanks for your help.

What temps should i try for this one will be mostly used for video only maybe a bit of dolphin emulator.

Also do you have a preference on a quieter 50mm fan?

I did find a place for the blu-ray just wondering if there are any other options or is that pretty much the best option. Its a slow drive.

Do you know if there is anyway to mod to get the big shuriken?
You would have to forego the optical drive and mount a 2.5" SSD on the inside side of the case to fit the Big Shuriken.

Any 12.7mm slot-load optical drive will fit in the case if you don't need to use the manual eject and are ok with just using the software eject. I used the BC-5600S in my office PC and I don't notice it's slow for regular usage like reading a blu-ray but I really have nothing to compare to I guess.

For 50mm fan, I like this one http://www.cwc-group.com/ad0512ls.html (cheap) and the Gelid Silent 5.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mini-ITX] A6-5400K + Radeon HD 7540D0