• 8(current)
[Mini-ITX] A6-5400K + Radeon HD 7540D
(2013-01-20, 14:10)sjf83 Wrote: Is there anything I am missing?
If you installed Realtek, you might want to un-install it. You can try to set speaker configuration in XBMC to 7.1 too....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2013-01-20, 16:24)Hetfiled Wrote: Hello sjf83

I tested only one movie with dts-hd ma.. and no problem

your settings are ok, check that you have selected exclusive mode

Thanks for the response. Both the 'exclusive mode' options are ticked.

(2013-01-20, 17:37)bluray Wrote:
(2013-01-20, 14:10)sjf83 Wrote: Is there anything I am missing?
If you installed Realtek, you might want to un-install it. You can try to set speaker configuration in XBMC to 7.1 too....

Yup, tried the 7.1 speaker configuration but still the same problem. Realtek Audio isn't installed. The Realtek LAN drivers are but I assume that shouldn't be an issue.

I also noticed that under audio output and pass through device there was a direct sound option. I tried selecting that too but still got the same problem.

For what it is worth, I am connecting the unit via HDMI to a ONKYO HT-S3305B amplifier which is listed as being both DTS-HD and True HD compatible (http://www.uk.onkyo.com/en/products/ht-s3305-50673.html)

Just for your information. Lots of issues with this thing on linux. Especially, when it comes to HDMI.

I lose HDMI sync all the time, still haven't got it working. fglrx doesn't allow any custom EDID, so I can't really force a mode that is not listed, switching vsync off will result in no picture in HDMI whatsoever.

This is a mess. It doesn't seem to be an XBMC problem though, just so you guys know. ATI doesn't seem to give a shit about their drivers on linux, so I am probably going to send all the hardware back that I bought. I will try to fix it in a few more runs, but if it doesn't work and I can't find the problem eventually, I'm gonna go with nvidia again - sick of it.

Here's the according thread in the ubuntu forum btw: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p...st12511083
(2013-02-15, 16:44)andreasz Wrote: Just for your information. Lots of issues with this thing on linux. Especially, when it comes to HDMI.

I lose HDMI sync all the time, still haven't got it working. fglrx doesn't allow any custom EDID, so I can't really force a mode that is not listed, switching vsync off will result in no picture in HDMI whatsoever.

This is a mess. It doesn't seem to be an XBMC problem though, just so you guys know. ATI doesn't seem to give a shit about their drivers on linux, so I am probably going to send all the hardware back that I bought. I will try to fix it in a few more runs, but if it doesn't work and I can't find the problem eventually, I'm gonna go with nvidia again - sick of it.

Here's the according thread in the ubuntu forum btw: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p...st12511083

This similar build (Intel G540 + Nvidia GT610) might be more to your liking: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1337036
Dougie Fresh:

Thanks. I already built something similar to this.

Intel G645+Asrock B75M-ITX+NVidia GT210. Works perfectly and, for the most part, out of the box. Needed a few tweaks, but nothing that I would complain about.

I've been having my own business for way too long, so I know when to stop trying to make a bad thing work Smile

So, for everybody still trying to make this work with Ubuntu: It will not. I'm also somebody who's been working on Linux since the 90s, so I know how to fix stuff. This is a driver issue with ATI, and ATI doesn't give a rats ass about Linux support, as long as the basics work. ATIs HDMI however, doesn't. Especially not in an HTPC setup. EDID gets confused once you pass through HDMI information (through an AVR for instance), without forced vertical sync you won't be able to get HDMI to sync at all, so just skip it and buy decent hardware.

The Intel Chipsets work fine, too, but I doubt that the intel driver performs as well as the nvidia one does. So yeah, this is a pain in the ass, but after all the easiest way to deal with that problem.

Hope this "don't do it, I tried it all" post keeps a few people from trying it anyways Smile

Andreas
(2012-11-02, 07:32)eskro Wrote: Smile If you feel like thanking me for my work, you can DONATE --> Here Smile

[CASE] Antec ISK 300-150 mini-ITX ($83 + $0)
[APU] AMD A6-5400K 2x3.6Ghz (3.8GHz Turbo) FM2 65W + Radeon HD 7540D ($75 + $0)
[COOLER] Scythe SCBSK-2100 TDP:130W Fan:120mm Height:58mm ($43 + $0)
[MOBO] ASRock FM2A75M-ITX FM2 HDMI USB3.0 SATA-III S/PDIF UEFI mini-ITX ($90 + $7)
[RAM] Kingston HyperX Plug and Play 4GB (2x2GB) 240-pin DDR3 1866MHz CL11 1.5V ($28 + $0)
[SSD] SAMSUNG 830 SATA-III 64GB 2.5" TRIM Read:520MB/s Write:160MB/s ($75 + $0)
[PSU] picoPSU-90 + 12V 7.5A 90W Power Brick ($55 + $0)
TOTAL: $456

** Special thanks to Beer40oz's A6-PACK **

What's left to know?
* 3D 1080P Ready!!
* Can bitstream TRUE-HD & DTS-HD MA!!
* No built-in WiFi
* Gigabit Networking Ready!!
* NETFLIX 1080P Ready!! (Windows only)
* Flash 1080P (HULU, YOUTUBE) Ready!!
* Slim Optical Disc Drive only

Hi eskro,

Can you please check if your box supports HD audio passthrough?
Thanks,
Luciano.
I can confirm that it does. I used to have this one. The only thing causing real problems was video sync on HDMI. Audio passthru works just fine.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mini-ITX] A6-5400K + Radeon HD 7540D0