Req XBMC MySQL Library Updater Server Service
Lightbulb 
Hello,

I'm using multiple XBMC boxes in my home for Movies/Music/TV. Two of them are Raspberry Pi's and one Windows HTPC. As central storage I use a server which is equipped with MySQL as a placeholder for the shared library. All is working swell except for the library updates. I use SabNZBd + Sickbeard for TV series which is also running on my server. I can configure SabNZBd/Sickbeard to send XBMC a signal on new downloads to do a library update. The problem here is that I can only send it to one XBMC instance and not all of them are always online. I only power up an XBMC instance if I'm using it.

What I would really like is an XBMC instance which doesn't have the GUI but only has the following features:
- XBMC Core/Library handling
- XBMC plugins (so I can load a library watchdog plugin of some sort)
- Web Service (for sending update requests)

As an alternative an XBMC instance without Plugins/Webservice but with integrated directory watching will also do just fine.

This way I won't overload my tightly powered Raspberry Pi's and all updates will be commited to the MySQL database right away (which in my experience is directly picked up by all other XBMC instances without restart op XBMC).
The beginning of a "headless" XBMC library is in the works according to this thread. I haven't tried this before, and it looks very alpha at this point based on the linked thread, but I believe this would (eventually) satisfy your request.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC MySQL Library Updater Server Service0