Please someone help me before I go insane
Please help. I've been on for hours, read about 25 guides, nothing helps. I'm genuinly never been so frustrated with a computer in my 20+ years.

Its simple - I'm brand new to XMBC, I've added a source of Movies - worked fine. Tried to add a source of TV Shows. WILL NOT WORK.

Please help. What is wrong?

Ask any question, happy to help - please don't post a link, I've read countless, and none of them help.

I've followed this Youtube video - and it works perfectly for Movies, but not one bit for TV Shows
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFV3LXF8T...re=mh_lolz

The TV Shows are in the same parent directory as the movies, so there is no problem accessing them. The 2 series are in their own folders. I can browse to the TV Shows in the Videos -> Files submenu, but they will not appear in the Library.
1. What is the EXACT filesystem layout inside the TV Shows folder? Exact as in the actual folder, subfolder and filenames inside those folders.

2. Have you "set content" on the TV Shows folder? What settings did you choose?

3. What version are you running?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I honestly don't believe this.

It was the folder names of my media.

Problem is, I had 2 test folders. Named: "Spartacus Gods of the Arena" and "Futurama Season6"

Removed the "Season 6" bit, and hey presto it works. However, I didn't think that was the cause as the other folder is correct, and had a hit on thetvdb - however, its pointing all of that show to a single thread of shows under the "Blood and Sand" title, and calling them specials. Frankly, a mistake in the DB.

At least its working. /he says full of bitterness

:-(

Honestly, I'm gutted....
Seems lots of other people had issues with Spartacus GOTA, so looks like I just picked a one in a million bad example to start my experience with XBMC.

Could have done without it, but hey ho, got there in the end.

PS - Still can't get it to work, but its come up numbered in order, I'll just ignore the titles. (Tried the S00EPx trick, no joy)
I don't beleive it.

Tried one of the fixes from this forum for Spartacus. Now I have lost ALL of the episodes. So I undid everything I changed, and its making no difference.

Seriously, what the f is going on?
My files are named:

Spartacus - S00E01 - Past Transgressions.xxx

You could drop the episode title and will still work. You can also name it:

Spartacus.s00e01 or 0x01 ... all work just fine. Just make sure the folder for the root of the show is named "Spartacus", and not "... Gods of the Arena.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2012-11-03, 02:02)thrak76 Wrote: My files are named:

Spartacus - S00E01 - Past Transgressions.xxx

You could drop the episode title and will still work. You can also name it:

Spartacus.s00e01 or 0x01 ... all work just fine. Just make sure the folder for the root of the show is named "Spartacus", and not "... Gods of the Arena.

Tried that. If I name it just "Spartacus", I get zip - not even a folder found.
"Spartacus Blood and Sand" works, but then I get no actual episodes. They are already names S00E1-6

Well, as jmarshall asked earlier...

What is your EXACT filesystem layout, and what EXACTLY are you calling your folders and files in the tvshows source for Spartacus? Not "something like this, or ...s00exx".
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
I really am close to binning this idea off. Only reason I wanted to use XBMC was that I'm adding a HD USB TV Tuner to my Revo, and a mate of mine raves about XBMC in general.

Rebooted the PC, rescan, and lo and behold, it works. I hate stuff like this Sad

Been like this on and off all day - I think I should pack in for the night.

Thanks very much for the help - despite my moaning, its appreciated. Cheers.
(2012-11-03, 02:09)thrak76 Wrote: Well, as jmarshall asked earlier...

What is your EXACT filesystem layout, and what EXACTLY are you calling your folders and files in the tvshows source for Spartacus? Not "something like this, or ...s00exx".

I'd tried about 4 different versions! From "Spartacus Gods of the Arean", "Spartacus Blood and Sand", "Spartacus (2010)" and just "Spartacus"

First run through, it came up with the first 6 eps of Season1, rather than the specials. After that, I got bugger all. And now after a reboot, its worked.
For anyone else having trouble here is my layout for Spartacus:

D:\Tv\Spartacus\
Season 00
Season 01
Season 02

Spartacus - 0x01 - Past Transgressions.mp4
Spartacus - 1x01 - The Red Serpent.mp4
Spartacus - 2x01 - Fugitivus.mp4

Worked just fine.

Gods of the arena, although aired with a different name, becomes season 00 since it is a prequel.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please someone help me before I go insane0