Ubuntu 12.04 and xbmc-standalone sound issues
Hi all

New to the forum so hello to everybody.

I have installed Ubuntu 12.04 and XBMC 11.0 Eden from the repos. I found that this gave me choppy video. So I disabled the GUI using lightdm and installed xbmc-standalone.

The sound worked fine when I started xbmc from within Ubuntu but when I run xbmc-standalone there is no sound and a message comes up saying unable to start audio device or something similar.

Is there something I haven't installed? All I installed was the xbmc-standalone. What other information do you require?

Thanks in advance.
So it just says failed to initialise audio device when I try and play a video, but the audio works fine when I boot into 12.04 GUI first then start xbmc. I also have MPD setup and this plays fine in both instances.
Welcome to xbmc forums and dont hesitate to search, if the questions you have haven't already been answered then please dont hesitate to ask anyone, and be a little patient while you wait. ;D

* un1versal says sternly that he is not a google replacement and points to https://encrypted.google.com/search?q=xb...8&oe=utf-8

laters

uNi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ubuntu 12.04 and xbmc-standalone sound issues0