• 6(current)
[RELEASE] - The Scheduler
Latest version available.. -> https://www.dropbox.com/s/19jarh5fnkg29o...-1.0.1.zip
Thanks
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
I'm confused with this ....

I want to run plugin.video.mms on a scheduled basis ...

So do I need:
RunScript(/home/thos/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.mms/default.py)
or
RunScript(plugin.video.mms)

Here's the snip from my settings file
<setting id="custom1" value="true" />
<setting id="custom1_cycle" value="1" />
<setting id="custom1_day" value="0" />
<setting id="custom1_disable_music" value="false" />
<setting id="custom1_disable_video" value="false" />
<setting id="custom1_interval" value="1" />
<setting id="custom1_script" value="RunScript(plugin.video.mms)" />
<setting id="custom1_time" value="19:45" />

19:22:27 T:140519424935680 DEBUG: Process - Entering source directory /home/thos/.xbmc/addons/service.scheduler
19:22:27 T:140519424935680 DEBUG: Instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "service.scheduler" dependent on version 2.1.0 of the xbmc.python api
19:22:27 T:140519424935680 NOTICE: [service.scheduler] - Loading Setting
19:22:27 T:140519424935680 DEBUG: [service.scheduler] - Setting Settings Load Interval: 86400 seconds
19:22:27 T:140519424935680 DEBUG: [service.scheduler] - cdart_manager_running: False
19:22:27 T:140519424935680 DEBUG: [service.scheduler] - cdart_manager_update: False
19:22:27 T:140519424935680 DEBUG: [service.scheduler] - Current Day: Wednesday
19:22:27 T:140519424935680 DEBUG: [service.scheduler] - Current Time: 19:22
19:22:27 T:140519424935680 DEBUG: [service.scheduler] - Adjusting Testing time
19:22:27 T:140519424935680 DEBUG: [service.scheduler] - Current Value: 19:45
19:22:27 T:140519424935680 DEBUG: [service.scheduler] - Current Interval: 16
19:22:27 T:140519424935680 DEBUG: [service.scheduler] - Test time: 20:01
19:22:27 T:140519424935680 DEBUG: [service.scheduler] - Setting Sleep Interval: 900 seconds

I'm NOTseeing the log entries like others are:
417 20:12:36 T:7964 NOTICE: [service.scheduler] - Starting Custom 1 Hourly Schedule, every 8 Hours
I'm getting this error on startup. Running Gotham, fresh install, running 1.0.1. Any ideas?

11:10:40 T:14400 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
Error Contents: global name 'hour_multiplier' is not defined
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Boots\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\service.scheduler\default.py", line 850, in <module>
script.start()
File "C:\Users\Boots\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\service.scheduler\default.py", line 844, in start
self.schedule_check()
File "C:\Users\Boots\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\service.scheduler\default.py", line 573, in schedule_check
self.custom1_timer = Timer( self.custom1[ "interval" ] * hour_multiplier, self.trigger_builtin, [ self.custom1[ "script" ], "custom1" ] )
NameError: global name 'hour_multiplier' is not defined
-->End of Python script error report<--
I'm getting the same error Sad

(2014-06-01, 17:14)BootsC5 Wrote: I'm getting this error on startup. Running Gotham, fresh install, running 1.0.1. Any ideas?

11:10:40 T:14400 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
File "C:\Users\Boots\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\service.scheduler\default.py", line 850, in <module>
script.start()
File "C:\Users\Boots\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\service.scheduler\default.py", line 844, in start
self.schedule_check()
File "C:\Users\Boots\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\service.scheduler\default.py", line 573, in schedule_check
self.custom1_timer = Timer( self.custom1[ "interval" ] * hour_multiplier, self.trigger_builtin, [ self.custom1[ "script" ], "custom1" ] )
Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me with some scripting. I am trying to use the custom script to start up a tvcatchup channel from favourites but am unable to get the script to work. This is what I have so far RunScript(&quot;script.tvcatchup&quot;,17,BBC News)

Any help would be appreciated
runscript error in kodi helix alpha4 as well
Sorry if this has been answered already, I've read through the thread. I'm no programer,so I'm lost. I want to set this up to run a slideshow from a network location and refresh as often as possible. I've tried RunScript(script.RecursiveSlideShow) along with RunScript(script.RecursiveSlideShow(smb://server/directory)), neither works. I've tried a few things I've seen on other forums too, I've disabled and re-enabled between each change, but I keep getting nothing. What should I be typing?
(2014-06-01, 17:14)BootsC5 Wrote: I'm getting this error on startup. Running Gotham, fresh install, running 1.0.1. Any ideas?

script.start()
self.schedule_check()

Adding the line:
hour_multiplier=3600

At the beggining of the definition of function schedule_check (line 401 in default.py) seems to do the magic
(2015-01-07, 19:56)ponch0 Wrote:

script.start()
self.schedule_check()

Adding the line:
hour_multiplier=3600

At the beggining of the definition of function schedule_check (line 401 in default.py) seems to do the magic

Hate to ask but can you be more specific, i'm using word pad and it has no line numbers and there is two instances of schedule_check and no instances of function schedule_check I'm unsure as to where I'm suppose to insert that additional line.
Wrong thread. Sorry
Ok I think I am making progress with The Scheduler.

Can users confirm that Kodi needs to be restarted after each amendment to the Schedule. As a script I see why this would be the case but there are some scripts that just pick up the latest xml file and process it without the service needing a restart.

Is there a way to restart the service without restarting Kodi. Edit: I was thinking we could just disable the service and then enable it again but doing this crashes Kodi for me on Windows 8.1. Will keep testing and try other OS' too.

I can confirm that RunScript(script.whatever) does work in Gotham but AFAIK you will need to restart Kodi (or The Scheduler service) for it to take effect.

Any progress on using Custom scripts 3 to 10?
Easy Home Automation to Control your RF device within Kodi XBMC
Want to watch TV everywhere you go? Pop by the Want To Watch TV site.
(2015-02-23, 15:07)pieman Wrote: Ok I think I am making progress with The Scheduler.

Can users confirm that Kodi needs to be restarted after each amendment to the Schedule. As a script I see why this would be the case but there are some scripts that just pick up the latest xml file and process it without the service needing a restart.

Is there a way to restart the service without restarting Kodi. Edit: I was thinking we could just disable the service and then enable it again but doing this crashes Kodi for me on Windows 8.1. Will keep testing and try other OS' too.

I can confirm that RunScript(script.whatever) does work in Gotham but AFAIK you will need to restart Kodi (or The Scheduler service) for it to take effect.

Any progress on using Custom scripts 3 to 10?

I'm just waiting for my 10 Custom scripts to complete before I send this post but all looks fine at the moment. Tested 6 scripts earlier that ran through ok and The Scheduler has completed the first 8 of the 10 scripts I currently have set. They are set at 5 minute intervals so they will be finished in less than 10 minutes now. As expected all 10 scripts ran as expected.

2 custom scripts for us would be a bit limiting as it would just allow one transition from on to off (or off to on) per day but 10 scripts is more than adequate, giving us 5 transitions per day.

For those that couldn't get scripts 3 to 10 to fire up are you on Helix (my main system is Gotham but I'll try to check one of My Helix systems later) or has the 'bug' been fixed?
Easy Home Automation to Control your RF device within Kodi XBMC
Want to watch TV everywhere you go? Pop by the Want To Watch TV site.
Thanks for this, but I'm not sure where to put in custom actions. Say I want to launch a python script like autoexec.py, where do I put that? In the settings.xml?
How would I structure this command?

ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;plugin://plugin.video.genesis/?action=library_update_tool&quot;,return)

This is exactly how it shows up when I added the update option to my favorites.

I tried

ActivateWindow(plugin://plugin.video.genesis/?action=library_update_tool)

And

RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.genesis/?action=library_update_tool)

But neither succeeded.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] - The Scheduler2