Win Windows 8 missing text
(2012-11-08, 17:21)sohan093007 Wrote: before updating my amd radeon hd 5570 xbmc was perfectly working. But now i also face same problem. How i fix ties problem. Plez somebody help us

(2012-11-07, 19:18)Repoman Wrote: I just installed Windows 8 and than installed XBMC, below is what I see when I open XBMC. I hope someone can help me with this problem

(2012-11-07, 19:35)favelle Wrote: How the heck did this happen?

Are you guys ALL for real?
I don't even have windows 8 installed, and I know what the solution is... you found this thread to post in it... did you read it?
(2012-11-08, 22:20)edrikk Wrote: Are you guys ALL for real?
I don't even have windows 8 installed, and I know what the solution is... you found this thread to post in it... did you read it?

To be fair, several threads on this same topic were merged into this one by the moderators, so some of these posters may not necessarily have seen the solutions previously posted in this thread. However, instead of reflexively starting a new thread, a search or simply scrolling through the recent pages of the Windows Support subforum would have revealed this and about a half-dozen other existing threads dealing with missing text. Wink
Also, I've determined that XBMC wasn't trapping key commands from my remote and AHK properly with XP SP3 compatibility mode enabled in windows 8. I don't think compatibility mode is a real fix for our problems, as it apparently creates its own problems.

I think that the only real solution right now is to roll back to the AMD catalyst 12.9 drivers.
So here's the problem some people are having: It's more than just people not using the search function or google. It's hard to describe this particular problem so your searches don't bring up these threads. My problem had text, but some letters were missing, most was cut in half as seen here http://imgur.com/LALQO I searched for at least 20 min with different terms and nothing and even asked in IRC. It wasn't until large portions of the text was gone that I searched for missing text" So to help the search engines

missing font
missing text
cut-off text
cut-off font
distorted text
missing letters
cut-off letters
garbled font
garbled text
corrupted text
corrupted display
corrupted font