Games integration and roadmap
What's about this GSOC

Since many users before me have requested the integration of games and emulators in XBMC library, not using addons with Advanced launcher or RCB, but directly in the database.
In my htpc with xbmc I have movies, music, photos. For games currently use Hyperspin and the more I use it, the more I want those same functions could be done from within xbmc, with menus of emulators, games, video presentations.
Each emulator would be an addon to be configured with the roms folder, the scrapers for artworks and intros, controls and little else. Then each skin and choose the view and the experince would be identical to the video or better
After all, at first xbmc was born in a console games and closely related to them. So, related to this:

Are there plans to update the product's roadmap with the future of xbmc. Nothing specific, but at least informing the general course for the next versions.
I remember, during already version 10 was on the roadmap for future integration in the long term, the PVR function. Well is already here and now only come out some future features without priorities. Not even the name of the version 13.
Does the team have any of this decided? Or at least some vague plan. What's next?: Headless server, more platforms, games...

Yeah, I know: curiosity killed the cat, and I am not a programmer and I can not get to do it myself
The general sense of the post is to obtain general information, not details

Games library is a very realistic possibility for v13.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Games integration and roadmap0