Req Frame Advance and Slow Motion
+1. I'm watching a Kung Fu flick and would love to slow it down a little.
I, too, hope this will be looked into by the Kodi Team.
+1

There must be some reason it is not there (difficult to implement). But there have been situations (sports for example) I really miss this to the point, I've fired up mpv and used it instead...
Actually this is trivial to implement, we already have 0.8 of normal speed with audio. Seems there is not much interest among developers.
Does anybody know of an ADDON that could do this??

-Different Playback speeds ,
-Frame by frame.

KODI works great for everything else for the application that I need it for but those features are key in my case.

Thanks everybody
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/12808

When playback is paused video can be advanced by a given number of frames. Required action can be mapped to a key.
Some decoders (maybe AML and MediaCodec) may not be able to deal with this properly.
(2017-09-18, 20:38)FernetMenta Wrote: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/12808

When playback is paused video can be advanced by a given number of frames. Required action can be mapped to a key.
Some decoders (maybe AML and MediaCodec) may not be able to deal with this properly.

Thanks for this fernetmenta.

So would mapping the left and right arrow keys to advance frame by frame forward and back work, or would it interfere with skip steps. Is slow motion implemented or just manual frame by frame?

Much appreciate your continued work.
You can map the action to any key, either sacrifice an existing action or look for an unmapped key. For my tests I mapped "PlayerControl(frameadvance(1)" to <alt><f>

Frameadvance only works in forward direction because decoding only works forward too.

From a player perspective slow motion could be implemented easily. This is more a question of UI. Currently we have ff/rw and tempo (that is 0.8 - 1.5 playspeed with audio). Would you suggest only a single speed for slomo or a range?
(2017-09-19, 19:52)FernetMenta Wrote: You can map the action to any key, either sacrifice an existing action or look for an unmapped key. For my tests I mapped "PlayerControl(frameadvance(1)" to <alt><f>

Frameadvance only works in forward direction because decoding only works forward too.

From a player perspective slow motion could be implemented easily. This is more a question of UI. Currently we have ff/rw and tempo (that is 0.8 - 1.5 playspeed with audio). Would you suggest only a single speed for slomo or a range?

Thanks for reply

Maybe if possible be good if could map a slow mo button that with multiple button presses implements different slow mo speeds. Is it possible to implement slow mo during video playback or does it only work when playback paused?
(2017-09-19, 23:10)the_bo Wrote: Is it possible to implement slow mo during video playback or does it only work when playback paused?

VideoPlayer can do this already. It's just the UI that needs to tell VideoPlayer the desired speed. The speed before entering slowmo speed does not matter.
I'd welcome a frame-by-frame step option (slow-motion not necessarily), as long as the Pause OSD is not displayed. Smile
(2017-09-20, 21:15)Klojum Wrote: I'd welcome a frame-by-frame step option (slow-motion not necessarily), as long as the Pause OSD is not displayed. Smile

I personally would like a slow-mo option in addition to the frame-by-frame, as some action scenes are nice played back in slow-mo.

Maybe a single slow-mo speed would be best, if its possible you could use the frame advance button which when held down would start the slow-mo.

Thanks for looking into this Wink
It would really be a great feature to have, am to dumb to code this myself unfortunately but I would for sure invest my time in testing and donating some beers to the person willing to take on the job Wink
I would like to necro bump this thread please, in hope that maybe in the major VP code cleanup in Leia it might be "more simple" to approach? Thanks a lot and please don't make my hopes die Wink
VideoPlayer does support it. Just has to be used by the application and skins.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frame Advance and Slow Motion3