Video too dark in xbmcbuntu nvidia ion acer revo r1600
Loading a Desktop will consume more resources obviously, though Linux Desktop still less resource intensive than Windows (some Linux WM less resource intensive than others)

If your using xbmcbuntu your probably using lightdm.

In any case you dont need a window manager at all to run xbmc, which is probably what Fernet is trying to say.

uNi

Mr. Dos - Have you looked into Openelec at all? If your Revo 1600 is only going to be used as a media player, you may want to look into it... it will make you feel like you did "squeeze" more power from the unit. It is designed to act as an appliance, is extremely fast and lightweight, and requires very little tinkering to get running properly, and can run from a USB drive (Helpful when trying it out for the first time, as it will not affect your current install).

I ran Openelec on my Zotac ION 230 board for about a year, and had no complaints. The only reason I switched to XBMCbuntu was because I wanted to play with pre-Frodo and there was one plugin that I thought might work better having a full OS installed. When Openelec comes out with a Frodo release, I will probably switch back.

Well the reason we started talking about booting into WM was so I could use the nvidia settings.
How did Openelec do in that regard?
Doesn't, openlelec you have little access to underlying Linux and there is no wm. I dont even think it has nvidia-settings.

Im more inclined to say your TV settings could do with a once over rather than the actual box itself. For e.g. My TV in one particular mode its too dark for XBMC, so I put it in bluray or pc mode.

uNi
Quote:Well the reason we started talking about booting into WM was so I could use the nvidia settings.

You don't need a WM for loading nvidia-settings.
(2012-11-15, 10:12)uNiversal Wrote: Doesn't, openlelec you have little access to underlying Linux and there is no wm. I dont even think it has nvidia-settings.

Im more inclined to say your TV settings could do with a once over rather than the actual box itself. For e.g. My TV in one particular mode its too dark for XBMC, so I put it in bluray or pc mode.

uNi

All of my other video sources look perfect.

(2012-11-15, 14:48)FernetMenta Wrote:
Quote:Well the reason we started talking about booting into WM was so I could use the nvidia settings.

You don't need a WM for loading nvidia-settings.

how can you do that?
whether its right or wrong to add the Options in the xorg.conf - it worked for me Smile
I have been bothered for quite some time with the crushed blacks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video too dark in xbmcbuntu nvidia ion acer revo r16000