• 12(current)
Solved Update FFMPEG To Support ATSC Closed Captions
Hello,

I am using Kodi 15-ALPHA1, built 1/22/15, note that this is for an Armv7 machine. I have the PVR addons enabled (cmyth)

I am using an HDHR dual in NJ that gets ATSC TV.

I How do I enable CC's?

Under Settings->Video Activate Teletext is enabled.

When watching a channel, I can move the mouse to bring up a menu. I click on the Audio Settings and Enable Subtitles is on.

No subtitles are show on any channel?

Thanks
(2015-01-29, 05:27)NewJerseyNinja Wrote: I How do I enable CC's?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1893831

Martin
I just installed Kodi 14.1 today on a system running OS X Mavericks and was searching for this feature and cannot find it. I looked under Settings|Videos|Subtitles and I do not see any option for "Enable parsing for closed captions" (and I do have it set for Advanced settings, and I did scroll all the way down, so if it were there I should see it).

Is this feature present in Kodi 14.1?
(2015-02-02, 19:54)birdwatcher Wrote: I just installed Kodi 14.1 today on a system running OS X Mavericks and was searching for this feature and cannot find it. I looked under Settings|Videos|Subtitles and I do not see any option for "Enable parsing for closed captions" (and I do have it set for Advanced settings, and I did scroll all the way down, so if it were there I should see it).

no it's not else we would have mentioned it in the release post
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-02-02, 19:55)Martijn Wrote:
(2015-02-02, 19:54)birdwatcher Wrote: I just installed Kodi 14.1 today on a system running OS X Mavericks and was searching for this feature and cannot find it. I looked under Settings|Videos|Subtitles and I do not see any option for "Enable parsing for closed captions" (and I do have it set for Advanced settings, and I did scroll all the way down, so if it were there I should see it).

no it's not else we would have mentioned it in the release post

Oh. I was hoping it would be. Maybe in the next release version?
it is available in the 15.0 builds
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-02-02, 20:01)Martijn Wrote: it is available in the 15.0 builds

Well, that doesn't help me immediately because I can only use release versions, but at least that gives me hope that it will be available in the not too far distant future. Thanks.
(2015-02-02, 20:26)birdwatcher Wrote: ... I can only use release versions...
Why is that?
I am late to the party but appreciate that FernetMenta is looking into this. It looks like I need to download the nightly build (Kodi 15.0) to be able to test the closed captioning functionality? Any reason I should not use one of the nightly builds?

Any gotchas with installing the nightly build?

Thanks.
Installed Kodi 15 and the PVR WMC client wouldn't load because it's using incompatible API version. I'm going to post a message at PVR WMC forum.
hi
first post and want to thank those involved.
hate to be the bearer of bad news.

CC does not work in Live TV for me but does so from recordings (very old recordings and may have been from the other provider I have not yet setup yet). Im using the latest nighty with Media Portal Backend using FFMPEG (CC is shown using TSREADER)

Im just curious if the provider using ea-608 or ea-708 which results to not being displayed? how can you tell if its 608 or 708? (I will not be able to test the second provider till spring)

note: using Media portal 1.4 and client together shows CC in Live TV (not worrying about h264 just yet)

any ideas?

Vff
(2015-01-16, 05:36)allan87 Wrote: FernetMenta, about the subtitles menu on the OSD - the enable option does not appear until captions are detected. As a result, you sometimes have to wait for a while before you can turn them on, instead of just turning them on when you want to.

I think it would be better if the enable option were always available. It would be more convenient and usable, and I see no downside. Captions are available in virtually every broadcast. Even if they are not available on occasion, what's the harm?

plus one (it is strange to wait for CC data to decide to enable or not)… we could miss a few sentence trying to enable it.

Vff
(2015-02-05, 02:47)xvffx Wrote: CC does not work in Live TV for me but does so from recordings (very old recordings and may have been from the other provider I have not yet setup yet). Im using the latest nighty with Media Portal Backend using FFMPEG (CC is shown using TSREADER)

Works perfect with livetv here

Quote:Im just curious if the provider using ea-608 or ea-708 which results to not being displayed? how can you tell if its 608 or 708?

Download a utility called ccextractor and it provides some good information on the cc'ing

Quote:plus one (it is strange to wait for CC data to decide to enable or not)… we could miss a few sentence trying to enable it.

My livetv is instantaneous. The T key is very handy to turn it on recording and ctrl-t moves it top/bottom.

Martin.
(2015-02-05, 06:49)emveepee Wrote: My livetv is instantaneous. The T key is very handy to turn it on recording and ctrl-t moves it top/bottom.
That is not the case with the subtitles menu on the OSD.
Thanks Martin
You actually gave me some rays of sunshine Smile

I'd like to ask what is your backend and if you are using a dish ?
I'm using media portal with DN and no cc during live tv. I was
Wondering if logs would help?

Thanks
Vff
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update FFMPEG To Support ATSC Closed Captions2