• 15(current)
Solved Update FFMPEG To Support ATSC Closed Captions
(2015-02-10, 12:22)FernetMenta Wrote: I know the ccextractor code but I was asking if DN cc is a standard. Seems more some proprietary implementation of DN which decreases importance of this feature.

Likely proprietary, I am not even sure if they offer channels

Martin
Hi
Quick question
If I was to build my own "zip" file to input this cc feature (I'm no way near able to do this)
Is it possible or is it too deep in the core to do such a thing ?

Many thanks for your input

Vff
You need to rephrase that question.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2015-02-14, 02:03)Memphiz Wrote: You need to rephrase that question.
Sorry
Could someone create an addon to a closed caption so it is not part of a build but to have it's own installer. The current closed caption does not support few providers. Could one person create a plug in to replace or to add a feature? Basically what I'm asking is how complex is to create such a thing if it was possible?

Thanks
Vff
as it would be a binary addon it would be a huge undertaking in the current state. If you want to improve the code then do it in core please for now.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
thanks Memphiz

good to know that an "addon" is not the best way. I hope we could revisit this in the not too far distant future.

kind regards

Vff

edit: I don't know anything about coding.
So why are you suggesting stuff like that then if i may ask?
Hi
I was going to ask a coder if he could help and just trying find a easy route to do this.

Thanks
Vff
(2015-02-14, 22:01)xvffx Wrote: Hi
I was going to ask a coder if he could help and just trying find a easy route to do this.

Thanks
Vff

still what you exactly want to accomplish it not clear to us i think?

what is not working where? Is it some external program? Is it Kodi?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-02-07, 01:29)xvffx Wrote:
(2015-02-06, 20:41)allan87 Wrote:
(2015-02-06, 20:14)xvffx Wrote: Thanks
I wish I was able to provide samples but missed the boat.
What seem left for me to put me at ease is to change my backend to dvbdream or mythtv to verify that mp is not the problem.

Vff
If you have a sample that does not work, you should post a link to it.

2 samples (same provider Mpeg2 and H264)

thanks
Vff

http://d-h.st/dsd
http://d-h.st/sSuH

(2015-02-09, 11:55)xvffx Wrote: Another post from a good friend

He should look at the CCExtractor code - http://ccextractor.sourceforge.net/downl...actor.html - and this page for background - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CEA-708. The CC data is carried as one of the possible payloads in SEI packets in an H.264 video stream.

Vff

(2015-02-10, 12:22)FernetMenta Wrote:
(2015-02-08, 16:47)emveepee Wrote:
(2015-02-08, 09:53)FernetMenta Wrote: I can't find anything useful on the resource you linked. Looks like an empty project. Is there a specification available for the DN cc style?

Perhaps this https://github.com/CCExtractor/ccextract...ata.c#L276 will help?

Martin

I know the ccextractor code but I was asking if DN cc is a standard. Seems more some proprietary implementation of DN which decreases importance of this feature.

Hi Martijn

currently Kodi does display ATSC CC however there are few north american providers who process CC a little different. CCextractor have codes that provide support in this area which we need. I've provided a couple of samples that will show CC is there but not getting displayed in Kodi.

thanks
Vff
I believe Xvffx is saying that he would like kodi to decode dish network closed captions. There is a question if this should be done if the dish network CCs are in a proprietary format.

Fernetmenta recently added cea-608 and 708, which are the standards used in ATSC.
Hi

Ccextractor is open-source which capable of decoding these cc data.This format is pretty standard with other providers for a few years now. There may be others that are using this format in the future?

Edit: I don't know why these providers decided to change format.... It could be the company who designed the set top boxes and call it their own. No one owns closed caption and it was designed for the deaf and hearing impaired. The providers are the one who should be ashamed of themselves for trying to make it different and not follow the standard.

I understand if there is no interest and sorry if I was a pest which was not my intention.
Thanks
Vff
(2012-12-21, 23:34)svet-am Wrote: It's not realistic IMHO to support LiveTV without supporting closed captioning for deaf/hard-of-hearing users.

Thank you! Wife is hard of hearing so for now, Kodi is not an option for us as it pertains to live and recorded TV.
Do yourself, and your wife, a favor and read more than one post - from 2012 - in this thread.
We all have to be a bit patient. It is coming in the next major release. In fact it is already in the test builds (15.0 "I***" Alpha1). Please see this --> http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/15523

I believe the official Alpha1 is scheduled for Feb 27th, but I could be wrong.

I have tested out the Windows7-64bit Kodi and the OpenElec Raspberry Pi nightly test builds and can attest that the ATSC Closed Captions work beautifully -Smile Thanks Team Kodi !!!

I have not managed to locate either a build or a source site for an OpenElec nightly to test out the Linux_x86 platform. So can't talk about that platform.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update FFMPEG To Support ATSC Closed Captions2