Best PVR plugin (and back end) for MAC OS?
Guys I am a newbie in the world of XBMC. I started using it a while back and I absolutely love it.

I have found several ways of watching live tv using XBMC, but what is the most recommended method of setting up LIVE TV, EPG and PVR on it on a MAC OS? I have a mac mini and hd homerun dual TV tuner. I have elgator EYE TV but I am not a huge fan of it.

I also have a windows machine I could use as a backend for some other PVR package. I do not have a linux machine though.

What would be the most recommended set up for me, for all the experts out there?
I would setup some backend system with either a ForTheRecord server installation or a MediaPortal TV server installation.
I prefer ForTheRecord but it's some type of own taste. I like it more because of its easy to use web interface and series recording rules management.

Then install the newest XBMC 12 Frodo build (beware it is an alpha version) and a suiting pvr client addon. Configure it. Watch TV.
MythTV is the only option that will run directly on Mac OS X. What I did was used a $20 PogoPlug and installed Tvheadend on it. A $35 Raspberry Pi can also be used to run Tvheadend.

I don't know about MythTV, but Tvheadend has a hack to allow it to work with HD Homerun. I hear it's not great, but works.
Is there a guide to follow for tvh install @ pogoplug? How many strams can the pogoplug handle? Does it work well with hdtv? I have tryied tvh on rasberrypi but that didnt work with my tvcard (sundtek)
You can run the nextpvr server on your windows machine. Takes <10 mins to get going. Recent beta have time shifting.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Thanks for all the information guys.

Bry, I will try nextpvr on windows. Is there a front end for it for my mac machine for Eden or do I have to try Frodo Beta for Mac?

I also thought about mythtv, but I have hit several roadblocks on the way (mainly with mysql installation)

Frodo builds only.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best PVR plugin (and back end) for MAC OS?0