How can I tell if I my Broadcom BCM70015 card is working?
Hi,

I physicallly installed the Broadcom BCM70015 card in my ATV1 and installed Crystalbuntu (hard drive version, not running off USB stick from STM Labs) however I can't tell if the drivers have been installed and if the card is working properly.

When I play 1080p MKV files they are stuttering, 720p works fine over ethernet from my NAS.

I have looked in all the menu's but can't seem to find anything to do with this Broadcom card and am concerned that it is faulty and would like to return / exchange it if that is the case.

When I navigate in XBMC to Settings>Video>Playback>Render method, I have 4 choices to select, Broadcom HD is not one of them.

Choices Include:
1. Auto detect
2. Basic shaders (ARB)
3. Advanced shaders (GLSL)
4. Software

Can someone with an ATV1 and a Broadcom BCM70015 tell me where to navigate in the menus to see if the card is in fact installed and the drivers are loaded?

I have posted this question over at the STM Labs forum. I'm not trying to double post, just want to get to the bottom of this so I can return the card if it is faulty.

Thanks

Just below "render method" it should say "Allow hardware acceleration (CrystalHD)". If you see that then the drivers and hardware is all working correctly. If you don't then you might have a dud card. It's also possible that the card needs to be reseated to make better contact, or something like that, but I haven't seen that happen often. I recall seeing some commands on the STM forums that you can do to further troubleshoot if the card is being detected, but I don't remember what they are off the top of my head.
Hi, thanks for the feedback. I do not have that section that says "Allow hardware acceleration Crystal HD" and have tried installed / re-installing software and hardware a couple of times and still not go. I will return the hardware and get another card.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can I tell if I my Broadcom BCM70015 card is working? 0